• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA (MBNA)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRA (MBNA)

Hi Guys

Looking for a bit of help and advice please.

In 2008, I opened a credit card account with MBNA, which defaulted in 2016. MBNA assigned the debt to PRA Group, who have then entered it on my credit hsitory as a default, along with the original MBNA account default.

I have only had one letter from PRA advising of the debt, although they hound me about 4/5 times a week on my mobile. I've not answered the calls or responded to their letter. Unfortunately, as this was a Credit Card account, and therefore a rolling one, even though it's well over 6 years old, the default due to the outstanding balance makes it just a year old. I really don't wish to pay PRA any money at all, especially as I was on a payment plan with MBNA before it defaulted and tried to resolve things with them first. The amount outstanding is £1069. The original MBNA account shows as closed on Clearscore (Equifax), and only shows the PRA one. On Experian, it shows both accounts in default!

I have no idea if PRA bought the debt, or if MBNA passed it to them to collect.

Cheers in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: PRA (MBNA)

Sorry, I'm not sure this is posted in the correct section. Mods, Please move. Thanks

Comment

Hi

My guess would be that PRA bought the debt

When PRA write to you how do they refer to themselves or do they say our client

Personally I would send a S78 request but as its 2008 you have less protection than pre Apr 2007

Have you had a county court claim?

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
        Hi

My guess would be that PRA bought the debt

When PRA write to you how do they refer to themselves or do they say our client

Personally I would send a S78 request but as its 2008 you have less protection than pre Apr 2007

Have you had a county court claim?
        Hi warwick65

They refer to them as themselves, and no, I've had no county court claim as of yet.

Comment

Originally posted by scoobyra View Post
          Hi warwick65

They refer to them as themselves, and no, I've had no county court claim as of yet.
          Pretty certain then that they have purchased the debt which they will have every right to do. You should have received a letter telling you so but if not, now is not the time to be telling them that

Based on what i read on one deed of assignment ( admittedly several years old and not between PRA and NW) it might be worth waiting before sending a CCA request

If they are bothering you with phone calls you do have the right to tell them in writing you deem it harassment and not to call anymore, all in writing

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
            Pretty certain then that they have purchased the debt which they will have every right to do. You should have received a letter telling you so but if not, now is not the time to be telling them that

Based on what i read on one deed of assignment ( admittedly several years old and not between PRA and NW) it might be worth waiting before sending a CCA request

If they are bothering you with phone calls you do have the right to tell them in writing you deem it harassment and not to call anymore, all in writing
            Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X