• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

High court writ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High court writ

Good morning.
    Looking for advice on high court writ please what proof if any do the baliffs have on collecting the debt. Also would can I ask to see in way of proof?
    Tags: None

Re: High court writ

Originally posted by Midlandcb View Post
    Good morning.
    Looking for advice on high court writ please what proof if any do the baliffs have on collecting the debt. Also would can I ask to see in way of proof?
    The writ is issued by the court and enforcement officers don't need any more proof than the writ in their possession , they will have no knowledge of any disputes about the debt. The HCEO has to carry out the directions of the court.

nem

Comment

Thank you nem.
      So they don't have to show me anything? I just have to take there word for it and any charges even tho the visits took place at an old address where I wasn't living?

Comment

What type of debt are they enforcing? You can ask to see the Writ but may just get shown it on an electronic device? Do you know how much they are demanding?

Comment

Thank you nem.
          So they don't have to show me anything? I just have to take there word for it and any charges even tho the visits took place at an old address where I wasn't living?
          You would have to take the matter up with the claimant, there will have been a court judgment against you and for whatever reason the claimant has escalated the case to the high court for enforcement .

Things to check. Did the claimant have your current address?
          Did you receive the original claim?
          Did you respond to the claim?
          Which HCEOs are these.

nem

Comment

All went to incorrect address and hce group. I've asked for paper work to be 're sent and got told they don't have to.

Comment

Hello just a quick question if I can please.
              If a ccj has expired can a high court writ still be issued? [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION];
              Thank you
              Last edited by Amethyst; 14th December 2017, 09:56:AM. Reason: fixed tag ( it's @Diana M; )

Comment

If a ccj has expired can a high court writ still be issued? @Diana M;
                Thank you
                Does a high court writ have an expiry Date?

Comment

Originally posted by newspirit View Post
                  Does a high court writ have an expiry Date?
                  As far as I know 12 months

Comment

If a ccj has expired can a high court writ still be issued? [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION];
                    Thank you
                    How do you mean CCJ expired ? ( CCJ's don't expire afaik - they have to apply to court for permission to enforce if they wait for over 6 years from the judgment though ) But if they have a high court writ already then they've already done that.

Do you know what the writ is for then ?
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                      How do you mean CCJ expired ? ( CCJ's don't expire afaik - they have to apply to court for permission to enforce if they wait for over 6 years from the judgment though ) But if they have a high court writ already then they've already done that.

Do you know what the writ is for then ?
                      Morning yes a debt from a PPI company but the ccj has been over 6 years now. They say they have a writ but all done through 3rd party companies not the legal owner of the debt. I read somewhere that the writ only lasted 12 months a time and if ccj older than six years didn't think it still stood.

Comment

PPI company as in a claims management company ? ( like Bank-Smart ? ) - was this a default judgment for their commission on a refund of PPI ?
                        Have they sent you paperwork stating they have a high court writ ? Might be an idea to post up the letter.
                        A CCJ still stands after 6 years - just they have to apply for permission from the court ( and give a good reason why they have waited 6 years )
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

PPI company as in a claims management company ? ( like Bank-Smart ? ) - was this a default judgment for their commission on a refund of PPI ?
                          Have they sent you paperwork stating they have a high court writ ? Might be an idea to post up the letter.
                          A CCJ still stands after 6 years - just they have to apply for permission from the court ( and give a good reason why they have waited 6 years )
                          Thank you .
                          Yes portal group. But they know nothing about a ccj or a writ they said it not come from them. They are happy for me to deal direct with them. A debt recovery firm has done all this legal stuff.

Comment

hmmmm. okay.
                            Can you do a pic of the letter?
                            did you know about the original judgment ?
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

hmmmm. okay.
                              Can you do a pic of the letter?
                              did you know about the original judgment ?
                              Hi I have no paperwork at all. Nothing. I knew about the judgement back in 2011 june

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X