• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CEL Ltd parking fine whilst working at Oldham hospital.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CEL Ltd parking fine whilst working at Oldham hospital.

Morning folks
    Firstly i apologise as ive posted this previously in the wrong forum.

So the problem is thus, the driver is a current serving prison officer and was working on a bed guard at Oldham hospital in August this year, commencing duty at 05:35 so they never noticed the signs but was aware of the charges through other staff. They where advised once on the ward to speak with staff and supply them the vehicle reg so it will not be ticketed, they did this and was told dont worry about it even if they get a ticket, for the remainder of the shift the person was chained to the prisoner so cant leave his side and at the end of the shift they received a ticket on there window. They ignored it as the nursing staff advised and went about there business. They received a letter yesterday stating "after repeated attempts to contact you", this is the first letter they have received "your charge is now £110 and failure to pay in 14 days may result in an order being sought which may include - bailiffs, reposession of car, attachment of earnings, warrant of execution, third party debt order" then a reminder that this wont go away and will simply become more expensive. Any advice please. They dont remember receiving a first warning letter.

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Netherton1234; 18th November 2017, 17:23:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: CEL Ltd parking fine whilst working at Oldham hospital.

Originally posted by Netherton1234 View Post
    Morning folks
    Decide which post you want to delete and let [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] know so it can be deleted for you.

My comment from the other post still stands re: removing who the driver was and referring to them only as "the driver", unless you have already told CEL who the driver was.

Cheers

OJ

Comment

Thanks a lot mate ill do that now.

Comment

Morning folks

So the problem is thus, the person in question is a current serving prison officer and was working on a bed guard at Oldham hospital in August this year, commencing duty at 05:35 so they never noticed the signs but was aware of the charges through other staff. They where advised once on the ward to speak with staff and supply them the vehicle reg so it will not be ticketed, they did this and was told dont worry about it even if they get a ticket, for the remainder of the shift the person was chained to the prisoner so cant leave his side and at the end of the shift they received a ticket on there window. They ignored it as the nursing staff advised and went about there business. They received a letter yesterday stating "after repeated attempts to contact you", this is the first letter they have received "your charge is now £110 and failure to pay in 14 days may result in an order being sought which may include - bailiffs, reposession of car, attachment of earnings, warrant of execution, third party debt order" then a reminder that this wont go away and will simply become more expensive. Any advice please. They dont remember receiving a first warning letter.

Thanks guys.
        Can you upload a copy of the notice to keeper and the pre action letter that was sent to you as the registered keeper? Please make sure you remove any personally identifiable information such as name/address etc.
        [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] and [MENTION=39331]ostell[/MENTION] have both been instrumental in a current fight I'm having with CEL and really know their stuff so once you upload the documents I'm sure they will be able to give you some tips about what to do next!

Best of luck and you're in the best place for assistance

OJ

Comment

The driver has not contacted anyone yet as they were under the impression that due to links between HMP and NHS that this ticket would be sorted out. Plus the fact that the nursing staff took their details and told them not to worry, another nurse told them she just throws all hers away. The colleague of the driver who was working also, wrote to CEL explaining what had happened and her ticket was cancelled. I fear that because this driver has either not received the 1st letter or has accidentally binned it, that this option will not be viable. They have however contacted both Oldham hospital and PALS. Their fear is that this will escalate out of hand and leave a fine that can not be afforded.
          Last edited by Netherton1234; 17th November 2017, 11:23:AM.

Comment

I am unable to upload a copy of the recent document due to being in work and having no access to a scanner, i can however type it up verbatim minus personal details if that is any good. The driver genuinely believes this is a misunderstanding and the details were not given to security staff accidentally.
            Last edited by Netherton1234; 18th November 2017, 17:24:PM.

Comment

another nurse told me she just throws all hers away.
              Best tell that Nurse she might end up with court claims... http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7845126.html

Take a pic with your phone and email it me if you like ( I'll redact before posting ) admin@legalbeagles.info ( though typing is okay, if a bit tedious for you )
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The driver has never worked there before or since due to being over 1hrs drive away and can not remember details of staff etc. Absolute madness that nurses have to pay to park a car at a place where they work....

I can have phones in work so ill type it out

CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD

Vehicle reg -********
                PCN Reference - ************
                date of incident - ************
                site details - Royal Oldham hospital.
                OUTSANDING DEBT OF £110.00

Dear Sir/Madame

Despite our various communications your debt remains outstanding.
                Unless payment is received in full within 14-days we will unfortunately be left with no alternative but to instruct our legal department to commence proceedings.

Please be aware that we will be seeking full costs of the Application together with all our legal fees in dealing with this matter.

If a judgment is obtained the options that may be available to us is as follows -

A warrant of execution.
                Appoint county court bailiffs to attend your property
                Seize your vehicle/goods
                Apply for an attachment of earning (see information below)
                Third party debt order (see information below)

If you are employed and we obtain judgment, we may make an application for an attachment of earnings order which will be sent to your employer. It will ensure that your employer will take an amount from your earnings each pay day and send it to a collection office which will be forwarded to us.

We may also make an application, if a judgment is obtained for a third party debt order which is usually made to stop the debtor taking money out of his or her bank or building society account. The money we are owed will be paid to us from your account.

If the matter remains unresolved costs are simply going to escalate

yours faithfully
                For and on behalf of
                Civil Enforcement Limited.

- - - Updated - - -

As you can see it seems quite worrying that they can take the drivers car, earnings, contact there work etc or even send bailiffs around.

Comment

Charming letter. Love that they forget to mention you can defend the case. lol.

And yes it is a ridiculous situation with Hospital parking. Yet again the majority of decent people paying for the idiocy of a few twerps who abuse free parking.

The colleague of the driver who was working also, wrote to CEL explaining hwat had happened and her ticket was cancelled.
                  Has the driver now done the same ?
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The driver has not as of yet as he wanted to speak with knowledgable people first. His wife thinks she may have thrown out the original begging letter - which he is well chuffed with . The driver believed that since there was nothing from CEL since the date that it was sorted.

Comment

I don't think that that letter is anything to worry about. It contains many untruths as already pointed out and that line about claiming all their legal costs is patently untrue as is is not allowed in the small claims court. It is patently a letter designed to upset and worry the keeper and frighten them into paying.

The keeper could now write to the writer of the letter saying that they have had no knowledge of any previous correspondence so would they please provide a copy of the that correspondence so that a suitable response can be made.

In the meantime continue pressing the hospital and PALS to cancel.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                        I don't think that that letter is anything to worry about. It contains many untruths as already pointed out and that line about claiming all their legal costs is patently untrue as is is not allowed in the small claims court. It is patently a letter designed to upset and worry the keeper and frighten them into paying.

The keeper could now write to the writer of the letter saying that they have had no knowledge of any previous correspondence so would they please provide a copy of the that correspondence so that a suitable response can be made.

In the meantime continue pressing the hospital and PALS to cancel.
                        [MENTION=39331]ostell[/MENTION] quick side question...because this happened in August, are there any rules about timings with regards when CEL can't go for the keeper any longer,and can only go for the driver (if known)?

Only reason i ask is that I am sure i saw that somewhere else on this forum, but i can't seem to find it anywhere.

Secondly, is there any value is appealing and getting a POPLA code? I know they do nothing, but at least it shows that if it goes to the next stage (court claim) that Netherton1234 followed the right process?

Comment

I am hoping that the hospital or PALS will help the driver out as they where working on a ward that is exempt from parking charges due to the nature of patients. The driver is just unsure as to whether it is worth contacting the issuer and explainig, although they have heard these people are very unhelpful. The driver is mainly concerned about bailiffs seizing goods and their car but is unworried about a CCJ on there credit file.

Comment

The driver can appeal the ticket via email, is this something they should do.
                            Last edited by Netherton1234; 18th November 2017, 17:26:PM.

Comment

The driver is mainly concerned about bailiffs seizing goods and their car but is unworried about a CCJ on there credit file.
                              Please don't worry yourself about this as there is a long and arduous process CEL have to follow before they can do ANY of the above. Historically they have done this REALLY badly and the team here have an great track record of beating them.

As far as a CCJ is concerned, they can ONLY be issued if you go to court and lose (which is extremely unlikely to happen), then don't pay the amount the court demands is owed within a month. The amount owed is unlikely to be more than the amount on the notice to keeper (currently £110) so why not fight them if the outcome can't be much worse than it currently is?

Keep your head up, do what the guys here tell you to do, carry out a TONNE of research and beat these fuc***s like the rest of us are

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X