• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Proposed Multi Track Advised Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed Multi Track Advised Please

Hi there,

I have received a claim that is being proposed for allocation to the multi track.

I have to complete N181 form, but was hoping that the court would dismiss the claim for the following reason:

The claim is for a sum of money due under a contract. That particular contract requires that the claimant can only bring a claim once a defined process for handling disputes is completed. That process includes a number of steps, including Mediation and a 30 day cooling/negotiation period after the Mediation. It is specifically designed so that there is a good period of time to discuss before going to court.

The actual product/service being provided by the claimant is a complex one and they have failed to deliver, which has resulted in losses and extra costs to put right what they bodged up.

At the first stage of receiving the claim I stated it was a defended claim, but did not do a counter claim purely because the court fee for counter claim is about £2.5k, and I would of course prefer the case to be dismissed so the contract route can be properly completed and hopefully there will not be recourse to a court.

One other thing, which I don't believe will be a big deal to the court (beyond making the claimant either substantiate it or adjust their claim) is that the claim value is about £4k too much. Not sure if that is pertinent.

My question is I guess what is the best way to complete the N181 with the above in mind. And how should I complete part D1 and D2?

For Disclosure of documents should is Standard Disclosure sufficient?

I also see section J Directions but have no clue what I should put here. I'm having a read of https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...ard-directions and hopefully might learn a thing or two. Do I have to complete this section and would it be here I would request the "dismissing" of the claim?

Thank you in advance!!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X