• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

mis sold car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mis sold car

Hi everyone, I'm posting as I have been mis sold a car and would appreciate some advice. I purchased a used car from a out of town dealership on 16/10/17 for £11495 and I had it delivered. I initially intended to have some faults looked at by them until I discovered the car is in fact an ex lease. At time of purchase I was simply told it had one previous owner and I was denied the chance to see the log book by the manager who merely said we don't keep log books on site. Subsequently,I found out that the car was owned by the leasing company,myself having found a receipt of theirs among the owners handbook,and I've just received the log book stating them as previous owner. I'm dismayed as I would not have purchased the car had I been told of this,especially at this price. I did previously email the dealership to ask if they would make amends with a goodwill gesture,but they were hostile and defensive to my suggestion,and wouldn't even acknowledge my case. As such,I now wish to reject the car having been advised they have 'misled by omission' and being told to use the 90 day unwind contract (if I have been advised correctly). I sent the company a signed for letter dated 1/11/17 and a attachment copy letter stating that I am within my statutory rights to claim my money back and asked them to reply within 14 days of the date of receiving my letter. I have received no acknowledgement from themselves to my letter. Please advise
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X