• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Northern Rock, NRAM now Landmark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Rock, NRAM now Landmark

I've posted here before regarding making claims against Landmark earlier this year and I'm finally embarking on the daunting process in earnest which I believe may become all consuming for the next six months or more.

Basically my wife and I took out a Mortgage followed by a few together loans though I need to get the time-lines and all of the details together before I plough into them again.

What's the current situation regarding Landmark and claims against them? I need to decide what case I’m going to put to them and and for which products.

Also I’ve found references to PPI paid up front on at least two loans in our paper bundle which could perhaps total £12 to £25k, using an online calculator. If we are successful we would want any awards to be used to reduce our mortgage balance.

We are both 65 now and have retired and we may be paying to them for the next 17 years. Fortunately we have life insurance to cover this in the event of one of us shaking off the mortal coil before that.

At the time we borrowed from them, (with the exception of the original mortgage), we were in a very poor financial
    condition and may have not made the best financial judgements at the time.

All useful help will be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Northern Rock, NRAM now Landmark

Does the mortgage have any arrears or is it all under control?

Perhaps @pt2537 can suggest which is the best way to go about this.

I can see you have two other threads on the same NRAM issues.

Di

Comment

Thanks Di.

Never had arrears and all payments are up to date.

We have recently upped the monthly payment in an effort to improve things.

Cheers

Comment

Further to my post this afternoon there is a question of "Securitisation".

I don't believe that we had any correspondence to say that our liability was to change to Landmark Mortgages, (I will refer to them as LM).

Nor were we asked if it was OK for NRAM to sell on the debt to LM therefore do we have a claim against LM or NRAM for Securitisation?

Cheers 'Shimeld'

Comment

I don't believe that we had any correspondence to say that our liability was to change to Landmark Mortgages, (I will refer to them as LM).

Nor were we asked if it was OK for NRAM to sell on the debt to LM therefore do we have a claim against LM or NRAM for Securitisation?

Furthermore the Landmark website quotes that all customer service enquiries are still being handled by NRAM. See: http://www.landmarkmortgages.com/faqs

It's all too confusing.

Cheers 'Shimeld'

Comment

Originally posted by shimeld View Post

Furthermore the Landmark website quotes that all customer service enquiries are still being handled by NRAM. See: http://www.landmarkmortgages.com/faqs

It's all too confusing.

Cheers 'Shimeld'
            Landmark are NRAM PLC, if you look on companies house, youll see they did a name change
            I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
              Landmark are NRAM PLC, if you look on companies house, youll see they did a name change
              Yes but the loans were sold to affiliates of Serberus Capital Management LL on November 2015 and NRAM are just administrating the accounts under the new name of Landmark. (13 billion pounds worth of loans).

Cerberus are an American company.

See: http://www.cerberuscapital.com/cerbe...-limited-ukar/

and this: http://www.ukar.co.uk/media-centre/p...016/03-05-2016

I can't find any letters informing us of the change.
              :-)
              Last edited by shimeld; 14th November 2017, 19:26:PM.

Comment

Yes but the loans were sold to affiliates of Serberus Capital Management LL on November 2015 and NRAM are just administrating the accounts under the new name of Landmark. (13 billion pounds worth of loans).

Cerberus are an American company.

:-)
                Oh trust me im aware of NRAM and how things tick over there, lol, just take a look at my blog on that one. I just wasnt sure if you were aware of the company and its structure etc, that was all
                I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

Comment

No Problem I understand.

It's a right confusing financial instrument. LOL

Comment

No Problem I understand.

It's a right confusing financial instrument. LOL

haha yeah, welcome to my world, just try suing them lol

Comment

Yep and I've just noticed that when we took out the original mortgage in 1999 we had to take Life insurance with L&G which expires in 2024. I wonder if the policy was cancelled when we re-mortgaged?

Oh dear. More work to do tomorrow.

How foolish of me. I've just located the letters informing us of the change to Landmark.

Comment

Hi All.

So now I have prepared the SAR to send to Landmark NRAM on behalf of my wife and I and I have changed the wording substituting "I/me/myself" with "we/our/us" because the mortgage and it's products are in both names. Is this correct and if not should I change it back to the former?

Also do I include my wife in the address header or just myself?

Thanks in anticipation.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X