• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

shooters claim for PPI from LLoyds Credit card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shooters claim for PPI from LLoyds Credit card

Hi all
    This is the letter I intend posting to Lloyds Tsb Card services tommorrow for a refund of PPi thatI beleive I was mis-sold

Lloyds Tsb Card Services
    Department Account Services
    Brighton
    BN1 4BE

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re: Account number: **************** Cardholder Protection Plan

I purchased the above policy from you in October 2002 but now believe that I was mis-sold this policy for the following reason:
    ]
    This is due to the fact that I was unemployed when I took out the policy and your member of staff did not ask me about my employment status when the policy was sold.

This is due to the fact that I was not given the correct information when the policy was sold to me, as

• having recently looked at the paperwork for my loan I now realise that I have been paying for insurance that I did not know I had taken out so could not have been explained to me.
    Unless you can satisfactorily justify to me that the policy was fair and reasonable I am requesting a full refund of all premiums, and subsequent interest on these payments, that I have paid to date. As I believe I have been deprived of this money I also expect 8% statutory interest, the amount a court would award, to be added to each payment made.

I look forward to a full and prompt response to this letter and for the matter to be concluded with eight weeks or I shall be contacting the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint.

Yours faithfully,

Encl: Spread sheet

Your comments would be gratefully apprieciated
    Last edited by shooter; 20th August 2008, 11:31:AM.
    Education is a fine thing Just so long as you can afford to live whist studying!!

Re: shooters claim for PPI from LLoyds Credit card

This is a copy of my spreedsheet figures
    Education is a fine thing Just so long as you can afford to live whist studying!!

Comment

This is due to the fact that I was unemployed when I took out the policy and your member of staff did not ask me about my employment status when the policy was sold.
      • having recently looked at the paperwork for my loan I now realise that I have been paying for insurance that I did not know I had taken out so could not have been explained to me.

These two contradict each other, the first quote you refer to when the policy was sold to you, and in the second quote you deny knowledge of the policy

PKea

Comment

Hi PKea

Thanks for your quick reply.

This is my 1st PPI reclaim which is why I have posted before sending the letter.

I was unemployed when I took out the card (Still am) and was Never asked about employment status or PPI at the time.

I only found out about the PPi when I looked at the stuff that was sent in responce to my SAR.

I fully admit to not checking my statements properly, I only every looked at what the minimum payment was and the usually paid double that inially then I set up a standing order for £30 per month which I knew would cover it easilly, then when the statements arrived I just opened them an filled them without looking at them properly.

Any suggestions as o the appropriate wording would be gratefully accepted

Shooter
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        Ok so taking onboard your comments PKea I have rehashed my letter to this

I hereby give you notice that I require a full refund of all PPI payments made on the above numbered account
        • having recently looked at the paperwork for my credit card I now that I have been paying for insurance that I did not know I had taken out so could not have been explained to me.
        • As I never agree to PPI on credit /store cards I know I would never have agreed to this should it have been discussed
        Unless you can satisfactorily justify to me that the policy was fair and reasonable I am requesting a full refund of all premiums, and subsequent interest on these payments, that I have paid to date. As I believe I have been deprived of this money I also expect 8% statutory interest, the amount a court would award, to be added to each payment made.

I look forward to a full and prompt response to this letter and for the matter to be concluded with eight weeks or I shall be contacting the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint

Yours faithfully,

What do you think?
        Last edited by shooter; 21st August 2008, 16:23:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

:bump2:

Comment

:bump2:

Sorry but really need confirmation that the above is ok as I would like to get on with this claim

Shooter x

Comment

Dear Sir,

I
              hereby give you notice that I require a full refund of all PPI payments made on the above numbered account.

Having
              recently reviewed the paperwork for my credit card I now believe that I have been paying for insurance that I was unaware I had taken out and indeed
              PPI on my credit card was never discussed with me. Had it have been I would not have agreed to take out this policy.

Therefore, I request a full refund of all premiums paid and subsequent interest on those payments made to date.

As I believe I have been deprived of this money I also expect 8% statutory interest, the amount a court would award, to be added to each payment made.

Not too sure about this bit to be honest.

I look forward to a full and prompt response to this letter and for the matter to be concluded within eight weeks (why 8 weeks?) or I shall be contacting the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint

Yours faithfully,

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
                Dear Sir,

I hereby give you notice that I require a full refund of all PPI payments made on the above numbered account.

Having recently reviewed the paperwork for my credit card I now believe that I have been paying for insurance that I was unaware I had taken out and indeed
                PPI on my credit card was never discussed with me. Had it have been I would not have agreed to take out this policy.

Therefore, I request a full refund of all premiums paid and subsequent interest on those payments made to date.

As I believe I have been deprived of this money I also expect 8% statutory interest, the amount a court would award, to be added to each payment made.
                Not too sure about this bit to be honest. This was taken from the original template that I used

I look forward to a full and prompt response to this letter and for the matter to be concluded within eight weeks (why 8 weeks?) or I shall be contacting the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint Also from the template

Yours faithfully,
                Any suggestions as to another wording would be greatfully accepted
                I am new to PPI reclaiming so advice from those more experienced will be very welcome

Shooter x

Comment

Is it an LB template?

Comment

8% is only added if you are forced to file a claim at court and I certainly would not give them 8 weeks.

Comment

[Name and
                      address of company
                      providing payment protection insurance]

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re: Account number: [Your account number]

I am writing in relation to the above payment protection policy(PPI) which I believe was mis-sold to me.

I believe you have not treated me fairly for the following reasons;

[Delete AS applicable]

· The PPI was added without my knowledge.

· The salesperson selling the insurance was pushy and strongly advised me to take the insurance.

· I was [choose needed quote – told I had to take the insurance/told I could not get my [loan/credit card/credit card etc] without the PPI/only provided with a quote for the cost of the [loan/ credit card etc] with PPI attached].

· I [choose from was/knew I was soon to be] [choose from - unemployed/self-employed/retired/over the age limit] when I took out the policy and [choose from – informed your agent of this/was not asked about this].

· I was not choose from - asked about any pre-existing medical conditions I suffered from/warned that pre-existing medical conditions could affect my insurance].

· I [choose from - was not informed that stress and back problems were excluded from the insurance/informed staff about (your medical condition) but was not warned that this would affect the insurance].

· I was not asked whether I already had any existing insurance or employer benefits that would cover my repayments.

· You have been punished by the Financial Services Authority for failing to treat customers fairly and I do not believe that the PPI I bought was sold in my best interest.

· I was sold a single premium policy that was not fully explained to me as [choose one or more from these – the whole cost of the insurance was not made clear to me/it was not explained what would be refunded if I canceled the insurance or if I repaid the loan early].

· It was not explained that the PPI would not run for the full term of my loan.

· When I tried to cancel my insurance [choose from - the refund I was offered did not represent a fair refund as is required under FSA guidelines for PPI providers /I was told I could not cancel the PPI without taking out a new credit agreement].

Unless you can prove that the policy was fair and reasonable and that I was treated fairly when I was sold the insurance, I demand a full refund of all premiums, and subsequent interest on these payments, that I have paid in relation to this policy. I also expect 8% interest to be added to each payment I have made as this is the statutory amount a court would pay.

I look forward to your full and prompt response to this letter. If this matter is not settled within eight weeks of this letter I shall be contacting the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint.

Yours faithfully,

[Your signature]

Hope this helps

Comment

Thanks Ellis27 for that I will help alot

Amy the attatchment below is the template that I used originally

Comment

Hi will this be enough?

[Name and address of company
                          providing payment protection insurance]

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re: Account number: [Your account number]

I am writing in relation to the above payment protection policy(PPI) which I believe was mis-sold to me.

I believe you have not treated me fairly for the following reasons;

The PPI was added without my knowledge.

Unless you can prove that the policy was fair and reasonable and that I was treated fairly when I was sold the insurance, I demand a full refund of all premiums, and subsequent interest on these payments, that I have paid in relation to this policy. I also expect 8% interest to be added to each payment I have made as this is the statutory amount a court would pay.

I look forward to your full and prompt response to this letter. If this matter is not settled within eight weeks of this letter I shall be contacting the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint.

Yours faithfully,

[Your signature]

Comment

Shooter, it is entirely up to you, but personally I would go with the letter in post #7 and as I said, 8% is not added until you file a court claim.

Comment

This was a letter i have used

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re: Account number:

I purchased the above policy from you in September 2004 but now believe that I was mis-sold this policy for the following reasons:

This is due to the fact that I was not given the correct information when the policy was sold to me, as
                              • your salesperson implied that taking out the policy would assist my credit application.
                              • your salesperson did not tell me that the policy was optional.
                              • having recently looked at the paperwork for my loan I have noticed that only I am fully covered by the policy and Mrs PKea is not covered at all, when I was led to believe that all parties were equally entitled to the insurance cover.
                              • As the documents were sent to my home to sign, and not in your offices, the policy was already printed onto the documents that lead us to believe that it was an intergral part of the loan as there was option box to decline this.

I look forward to a full and prompt response to this letter and for the matter to be concluded within eight weeks or I shall be contacting the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint.

Yours faithfully,

PKea
                              There are few threads in the forum with letters in.

If you can hold fire for a day or so I would like to try and draft up a decent PPI request letter,as I think they could be done a lot better than at present.

As for the 8% interest bit, maybe we should probably call this a compensatory payment instead.

PKea

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X