• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

rejeceting a vehicle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rejeceting a vehicle

Hi everyone, new to the forum so here goes

11/10/2017 Bought a new car £5995 from a forecourt dealer
    14/10/2017 collected vehicle
    15/10/2017 emailed stating car was smelling of burning, vibrating on drive, and the seat broken,
    18/10/2017 returned vehicle, seller not mechanic replaced disc and pads, and repaired door but damaged interior panel.
    20/10/2017 collected vehicle
    23/10/2017 messaged seller stating vehicle was still smelling of burning , all of the above faults still there.
    23/10/2017 seller advised to find a garage close to home for independent inspection.
    27/10/217 Independent garage inspected vehicle, and found disc and pads where fitted incorrectly as clips were missing, and drivers seat broken.
    01/11/2017 Independent garage had to re book the car in for further investigation , and found the turbo was drawing oil, and diagnosed the turbo unit as faulty.
    3/11/2017 Sent letter to dealer stating i was within my rights to claim a full refund and i would deliver the car back on the 09/11 as this is within my 30 days .

What happens if he won't give me my money back tomorrow 09/11 ?
    Tags: None

Re: rejeceting a vehicle

Hi and welcome.
    The trader has to make the refund according to CRA2015, sec 20 (15) :

A refund under this section must be given without undue delay, and in any event within 14 days beginning with the day on which the trader agrees that the consumer is entitled to a refund.

So you might not have the refund tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      Hi and welcome.

So you might not have the refund tomorrow!
      Thats fine so do i leave the vehicle with the dealer or bring it back with me ?

and if after 14 days and i have to claim through court, can i claim for car hire, as i have already paid a deposit on a car , and this refund would pay for it in full.

Thanks

Martin

Comment

Yes, leave vehicle with dealer.
        Do the necessary for keeper registration with DVLA.
        Cancel insurance.

You can claim damages, but small claims in county court is always a bit of a lottery!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X