• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Home Protect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Protect

number: Withheld

These jokers go by protect your home, home protect, home services or something or other.
    they say they are British Gas but arent.

my reccomendation, Tell em to go forth and multiply
    PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)
    Tags: None

Re: Home Protect

Home protect are a valid insurance broker.

Comment

They came through to me and said they were British Gas and they wanted to talk about our central heating cover, then started mentioning devices we don't own (ie our back boiler and gas fire). This rang alarm bells, so I said wait on, if you are British Gas, you will know the level we are covered for.

"Oh we aren't British Gas, we are Home Protect (or something like that), we work alongside British Gas, now your password is Aiden and....."

That is when I started asking questions like Why are you telling me what my password is, and how do you have a password for British Gas that I don't have?!?!? I then asked if they were Protect Your Home (who I reported to Action Fraud for telling me they were British Gas, Zanussi and Indesit (the only one I deal with is British Gas) and that I had no choice but to take out their cover as it was in my "legally binding contract".

The woman put the phone down!
      PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

https://www.homeprotect.co.uk/

This is home protect who I have used as my contents broker for the past 4 years

talking of scams - i was called on my home phone the other day by 'telephone preference company' and asked if I was ever troubled by nuisance calls to which I replied 'No , only you' Surprisingly he hung up on me, i was so gutted as I had my debit card out to pay him

Comment

Aw I bet you were devestated!!

Pooooor Warwick!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X