• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Admin fee for a tenancy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin fee for a tenancy

Does anyone know what sort of fee for a set up of a tenancy for a two bedroom flat would be reasonable?

My daughters landlord is trying to charge her £200.

Re: Admin fee for a tenancy

Why don't you ring a local Estate Agents hun, as far as I know if peeps go through an agent there is now set up fee, all they have to do is pay a deposit (usually 2 months) up front.

I'll be interested to know about this as I am probably going to rent out my mum's places if all goes well with the probate peeps tomorrow, and various other hurdles can be crossed.

Comment

Speak to Enaid, she is currently renting out her old house, she may have some answers

prob more help to Saph than Nik though.

Nik, is this a charge to do the actual shorthold tenancy agreement or somethong else?

Comment

This is what I've got from the daughter:

No, it's an admin fee that the estate agent is charging for us renewing our contracts, however I think that is a bit high, considering what Huw has written below, he pretended to be a landlord!

I just rang them for you. They charge 2weeks rent to a new landlord to find a tenant, reference them, inventory and move them in. He said that they do not charge them for renewals. I asked what happens if there is a new tenant at the end of the first tenancy and he said it depends on each individual landlord. I told them my name is James and rang from a private number saying I had a flat to rent out.

To be honest with you babe I reckon you can definitely get out of it. They are a small company who probably need the deal so they will not lose it over a £200 admin fee which they do not need to charge. They probably have a deal with the landlord where he is not paying them very much so they are trying to squeeze money from the other side. Once you find out exactly what they are trying to charge you for you can argue with it but the thing is that they will not let the deal fall through because they won’t want the hassle of finding someone else for the flat. As you haven’t paid the rent etc you can at least deduct the money from that if necessary. I can talk to them for you at any point if you want me to. Estate Agents are scumbags!

sorted I think, plenty of room to haggle.

Comment

WIth the housing market as it is, the rental side is in greater demand than the selling side.

So i would think you could easily get a better deal, as the agents will need properties to rent out to cope with demand

Comment

My brother rents his house out and he pays his agent £250 for which I gather is for them to find tenants and to be in charge of collecting the monthly rental payments.

He rented the house out originally for 6 months, but they wanted to stay longer.

So he then had the option of renewing the contract which would cost another £250 or could just let it roll over, which needless to say, he decided to do.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X