• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can you stop or argue an attachment of earnings order?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you stop or argue an attachment of earnings order?

Hi,
    Is it possible to stop or argue against an attachment of earnings order?
    I have a N55 but don't want to fill it in without advice as the last time I did this was for the CCJ.

Basically I have problems opening mail, so when I do its generally in bulk and in august I opened some and received a letter about a CCJ from Restons Solicitors, I filled in the form and accepted the dept and made an offer to pay monthly, I also enclosed a letter explaining I suffer from mental health issues and struggled to open mail, I told them I had changed address, and that I would prefer communication via email as I could respond. a few days later I got an email saying they took mental health serious and could I get a letter from my doctor as proof. I made an appointment and emailed them the date, a few days later I got another letter informing me they had refused my offer of payment and the CCJ had been made.
    I sent them an email asking why they had told me they took my health serious then got a CCJ anyway. they replied via letter to my old address saying it was because I had filled in the form and accepted it. Anyway I got the doctors letter and emailed it to them hoping that they would remove the CCJ as they had not waited for medical evidence and if I had known I would have gone to court to argue I had not ignored the debt. After sending the letter I had no response until yesterday when I received this notice of earnings order. this is the second time they have just taken court action without telling me. this letter does not sound fun and I know I have to fill it in and hand it in within 8 days but im tired of them ignoring me I feel like there is nothing I can do.

Any advice would be very much appreciated as Im guessing if I fill in this form im just accepting the order like I did with the CCJ.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X