• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Claims4you / Claims4you - 9-10-2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim - Claims4you / Claims4you - 9-10-2017

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 9-10-2017
    Amount approx: 569.45
    Claimant: Claims4you
    Solicitor: Claims4you
    Original Credit: Claims4you

Particulars of Claim:
    Client instructed claims4you to claim for the mid-selling of poi
    Claims4you won the claim and the client recieved a refund of poi.
    Client has not paid our success fee

Stat Barred? No

Have sent: Acknowledged the Claim

Other Info:
    Claims4you did not send invoice to state how much I owed them. No contact from them ever until the count court claim came through
    Tags: None

Re: Court Claim - Claims4you / Claims4you - 9-10-2017

Can you give us the exact name of the company please.

Is it this one? https://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/...y=-1&status=-1

Comment

Sorry, didn’t write much info.
      Ok, so I used claims4you to claim ppi back from two companies. They won and I received a cheque and an invoice for the 1st company. At that point I didn’t pay as I was waiting for the second claim to come through.
      About 3 weeks after the 1st claim was won I received a cheque for the second company, but this cheque came direct from the company and not from claims4you.
      I waited for claims4you to send an invoice as I had no idea of how much I had to pay them.
      Nothing came until now, when I received the CC claim.
      I’m not disputing I owe them money but am annoyed that I was not informed how much to pay them.
      The CC claim has £60 costs added, and I believe I should not pay that as I never received any conmunication regarding the 2nd ppi cheque.
      I have emailed claims4you and the reply I got was that they had tried to contact me numerous times via post, phone and email.
      This is 100% a complete lie. I’ve had no communication from them.
      Is there a way I can refuse to pay the £60 costs?

Comment

Can you break down how much the claim is for?

To be honest, for the sake of £60 it might be sensible to draw a line and just pay it as ultimately they would probably win in court.

Comment

Hi,
          you are probably right, but for me it’s the principle of he thing. Plus £60 is a lot of money to me to just throw away
          I cannot provide a breakdown as no invoice was sent for the second cheque.
          It seems unfair that I am out of pocket by £60 through no fault of my own.
          I feel like I should defend part of the claim as I’m pretty sure that if I sent a SAR request it would prove that no communication was made by them to me.

Comment

I meant a breakdown of the claim as opposed to the invoice.

You could always make a without prejudice offer to settle for the original amount saying it would save them a trip to court.

Comment

£569.45 plus the £60 costs, so £629.45 in total. (Not sure if this is what I owe due to no invoice) it seems about the right amount however.
              Thank you for the advice, though I’m pretty sure if I did make the offer they would just say no. But I will try.
              I cannot get time of work to go to defend so maybe you are right about just letting it go.
              I wonder if this company has done this to anyone else?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X