• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell dispute :ccj

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell dispute :ccj

Hi,
    i actually don’t know where to start with all this nonsense, I can’t explain the stress and anxiety this has cause me over the past 2 an half years. The first I knew about this came at the most difficult time I was going through in my life my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer at 58yrs old, I received a letter from the county court to say I had to pay £178 to Lowell for a mobile phone, after receiving the letter I contacted the officer spoke to him about the letter, he told me it had been dealt with at a court some 200 miles away he told me if I paid the money it would probably go away, I contacted Lowell they informed me it was for 3 mobile and I asked for the details so I could contact the mobile company, o didn’t get very far as this contract was from 2007, 8yrs later they they had passed it over to Lowell in 2014, I contacted the officer again told him my situation, he said I could take them back to court but it would cost £150 the chances are I would loose as I didn’t have any evidence to support it wasn’t me only my word, I paid the money and dealt with what I had to face with my dad. 2017 myself and my partner have been saving to buy our own house and get on the property ladder, I checked my credit report and there I found a ccj from Lowell it was the only thing on there, I contact Northampton court they asked why I hadn’t contacted them at the time which I wasn’t aware of I told them I’d been in contact with the bailiff officer at the time explained what had been said they told me to contact Lowell, which i did 14th July this year I rang them they asked me for my details they only had my name the first name was similar but not my correct first name and they had my second name I gave them my full details which now o know I shouldn’t of done I had nothing to hide, I spoke to a lady she said if I paid the remainder of the balance it would come off my credit file, it hasn’t! I paid £150 and set a payment plan for £25 per fortnight, the details she told me, somebody had paid £1 in 2010 there was a payment made for £25.50 Jan 2008 and nothing else I asked for the account details of the payment and also the details they had, September I still hadn’t heard anything from them, I contacted them again this time I requested all information the lady I spoke to was reasonably helpful, today 23/10/17 I rang them again as I’d not heard back, there was a lot of nonsense on the call the guy was very rude and said if I was disputing it why was I paying it, I explained I was told I had to pay as the First Lady told me the bailiffs would be back to collect the rest of the money, the guy I spoke to was avoiding all questions I requested for the information on the account from the mobile company, he said he wanted to put on file to build a case to say I was caring for my dad and sniggered I asked to speak to the manager as this was nothing to do with the situation he said well your your dads carer aren’t you and you’ve hit hard times I told him this had nothing to do with him and no i haven’t hit hard times I wasn’t my dads carer I nursed my dad to his death bed as that was my duty as his daughter and no I didn’t want this to go on file for random colleagues to read. He still didn’t give me any information i requested where the letters had been sent he avoided all questions and told me his computer kept crashing whilst he was trying to open the files to look at the information, I asked for another collegue which in the end he did, I spoke to another lady she said the dispute had come back from 3 mobile, with the following evidence, the mobile was taken out on 13th dec 2007- early termination was defaulted in July 2008 with the balance of £277.84 they couldn’t confirm any bank accounts as there wasn’t anythere no payments ever made on the mobile account, the address wasn’t my address, I questioned her about the £1 in 2010 and the £25.50 In Jan 2008 she said in the notes from 3 mobile they have never recieved any payments, It’s corrupt! I’m going round in circles since July I’ve made £25 a fortnight payments and still have a nother £149 to pay the ccj on my file is £571 can anyone please help me what to do next. I’ve had the same mobile contract with Vodafone since I was teenager I’m now 37. Sorry for the long explanation
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X