• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help - Completing CPR Request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - Completing CPR Request

Hi all

I have received a Claim form and response pack last Friday and have been reading your site over the weekend. I have completed the AOS and will send this off today. To maximise the time I have to prepare my defence, I want to get the CPR Request to the claimants solicitor today however I have a couple of questions:

Your CPR instructions/template says:

To enable me to file my defence and/or counterclaim, I require inspection of documents you mention in your statement of case ahead of filing my defence on xx/xx/xxxx.
    NB: ONLY LIST HERE DOCUMENTS THAT ARE MENTIONED IN THE PARTICULARS OF CLAIM ON THE FRONT OF THE CLAIM FORM – eg. IF THEY DON’T MENTION ‘ DEFAULT NOTICE’ YOU CANNOT ASK FOR IT UNDER CPR 31.14, IF THEY MENTION CONTRACT rather than AGREEMENT – ask for the CONTRACT…IF IN DOUBT TYPE OUT THE PARTICULARS OF CLAIM AND ASK ON THE FORUM.( and remove this paragraph too!!!!)
    for EXAMPLE

1. Agreement / Contract
    2. Default Notice
    3. Assignment
    4. Formal Demand

The claim form does not however list any documents

The particulars of claim just states: 1. Monies payable by the defendant to the claimant for professional services rendered plus debt collection costs. Particulars of which have been supplied to the Defendant. 2. The claimant also claims a further sum of X in respect of interest pursuant S69 County Court Act 1984 at the rate of 8.00 % from XX/XX/XXXX to the date hereof X days together with late payment compensation pursuant to the above act in the sum of £40. 3. The Claimant also claims statutory interest at the above daily rate of £0.13 from the date hereof to payment or judgment whichever is the sooner. 4. Costs

As it doesn't list any documents (and this isn't a Credit agreement case e.g credit card etc), so what should I put on the CPR Request to ensure they send me ALL of the documents they will be relying on?

I will fill in the standard template for a new case, is it really necessary to fill in the exact claimant name/amount/etc (in case the claimants solicitor reads these forums?)

Thanks in advance for any/all information you can provide - it is much appreciated!

Rosie65

Tags: None

Re: Help - Completing CPR Request

Can anyone advise what should go on the CPR request please? Thanks!

Comment

Re: Help - Completing CPR Request

Hi Rosie,

It would be helpful to give us some background information to your claim before we can really assist you.

Monies payable by the defendant to the claimant for professional services rendered plus debt collection costs. Particulars of which have been supplied to the Defendant.
      Were the above professional services done by a company or sole trader or some other business type? Further to that, did you receive a letter before action and if so, on what date was this sent/received?
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X