• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ltd Company ripp off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ltd Company ripp off

Hello,

I saw a van advertised an ebay in Cardiff. I'm in Manchester. It was a Vauxhall Vivaro 2010 at £6000. I spoke to the business seller who has an ebay business account about the van who told me it has had a new clutch and was well maintained. He said the van could be delivered to me at a cost of £250. This we arranged and I sent £250 by BACS and the van was delivered. The receipt pre signed by him said sold as seen, trade to trade, no warranty. I had paid in cash before getting said receipt.

After a month the starter motor went on the van, so I got it fixed off my own back. Shortly after that the alternator went. I was going to get intouch with the company but gave them the benefit of the doubt and got it fixed. Last week my power steering pump went and I was also told my slave cylinder was on its way out. I got intouch with the company via ebay to tell them what had happened. They came up with it was sold as seen and a lot of other pointless stuff defending themselves. I had to get this recent problem fixed (pump only) so I can earn a living. Nothing can be done through ebay as it was just an advertisement listing and was told not to press buy now.

They've said that they won't fix anything because there's no warranty and its a trade to trade sale only and I don't have any rights. I asked how the determine I'm a trade (decorator, plumber etc) and they've said they just ask (which they didn't) and if I use it for personal use, which I do, they won't deal with me. I believe I should have 6 months warranty by law with me buying from a company but because they stated trade to trade and sold as seen, I don't get any.

Now my questions are:
    Do I have any rights buying a van from a Ltd company that sold it to a trade (decorator)?
    If I use it for personal use aswel, from research I'm then classed as a consumer even if its a trade to trade sale, is that correct?
    Can I take the director to court personally?

The reason for my last question is that I've done a lot of research on this company and it seems he bumps his companies every other year or so. He's voluntarily applied to strike the current company off which from companies house has been refused. I'm thinking if he's constantly bumping companies and setting a new one up with a similar name, doing the same trade and in the same building, the company will never be responsible for their actions and I'll never get anywhere with any small claim against them.

Any advice on what I can do?
    Tags: None

Re: Ltd Company ripp off

Did you buy it in your own name or company name? In your own name then Consumer Rights Act gives you the right to reject the vehicle. After 30 days and before 6 months you have to give them one chance to repair

Comment

Re: Ltd Company ripp off

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      Did you buy it in your own name or company name? In your own name then Consumer Rights Act gives you the right to reject the vehicle. After 30 days and before 6 months you have to give them one chance to repair
      It was bought and registered in my own name. My business isn't Ltd. I'm just a sole trader trading as such and such painting and decorating.

Am I responsible for getting it to them cost wise?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X