• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Several debt accounts - need help - do not know what to do

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Several debt accounts - need help - do not know what to do

Hi
    I suspect the letter is just another step in the process but there again I have thought that before and been wrong.

I would probably be sending another CCA request to them regarding your account. Is this debt still with Next? It would in many ways be better if it had been sold to someone else. Just before you send the cca request let us know who owns your next account.

If email is ok with you thats fine but personally I like to keep on record that all communication must be in writing via Royal mail - emails can so easily get lost or end up in spam and proof of service is a bit of a bugger

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
      Hi
      I suspect the letter is just another step in the process but there again I have thought that before and been wrong.

I would probably be sending another CCA request to them regarding your account. Is this debt still with Next? It would in many ways be better if it had been sold to someone else. Just before you send the cca request let us know who owns your next account.
      My Next account belongs to Cabot UK since few months.

Just quick question about my wife. She got letter about her Next account in maden , name which she used to open that account. Should she print her maiden name or new name on the letter to Cabot and Soohsmiths? Does it make any difference?

Comment

Originally posted by Kraken View Post
        My Next account belongs to Cabot UK since few months.

Just quick question about my wife. She got letter about her Next account in maden , name which she used to open that account. Should she print her maiden name or new name on the letter to Cabot and Soohsmiths? Does it make any difference?
        I doubt it makes a difference

For what its worth- out of the many ( more than 20) CCA requests i have ever sent I have only ever been asked for a signature once and that was seen off with a letter telling them that a) there was no requirement for a signature and b) If they were unsure of my identity why had they been writing to me at the address they were using? Kind of shut them up

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
          Maybe completely silly question, but why my name goes first and creditors second? Should be creditors name and address first?

Comment

I think its formatting

Traditionally your name and address would go top right or maybe centre with their name and address above the Dear Sir line

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
              I think its formatting

Traditionally your name and address would go top right or maybe centre with their name and address above the Dear Sir line
              Just one more thing. As we know sometimes people have problem with credit file (credit score) when they change name. If My wife will send letter back with her new name rather maden one, would that confuse them, stall them for a while? No signature could be faund in new name etc.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X