• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT of Gmac finance Advice needed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT of Gmac finance Advice needed!

Hey all,

I have recently emailed gmac with the template letter on the forum asking for my contract to VT 01/11/17. This allows enough time for my final payment to come out and ill be at the halfway point.

Gmac came back and said that they would send out w Vt pack (to which i replied i wont sign it), and that the car would be collected in a few weeks. Am I within my rights to cancel my direct debit on 1st November?

also, i know that i shouldnt sign any documents given to me about charges etc as that would make me liable, but my query is, when should I sign?

if the inspector comes round to look at the vehicle and hands me over a list of things wrong with the car (there are almost none, tiny scratches etc), should I sign this if I agree with his findings and amount payable? Would this mean they can no longer claim more from me after this point, or should I wait for a letter from GMAC with details of extra charges? The only things Im expecting to have to pay is the lack of service history (car has been serviced by family with no stamps, stupid i know but hey ho, live and learn) and a scratch or two which may count as fair wear and tear.

cheers!
    jake
    Tags: None

Re: VT of Gmac finance Advice needed!

Tagging [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION]

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X