• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BW Legal / Napier Parking LTD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BW Legal / Napier Parking LTD

Hi every one, first post on here and i need some help.

I have received a county court claim form on the 9th of october and have 2 days to acknowledge it, if i am to defend it.s This occurred the beginning of april at 6am in the morning and its for £230. I was working for a few months there and no longer live in the city, so i am not sure of what the signs around the carpark were. It was a parking with a meter, no barriers etc and on private land.

My question is, is it worth for me to try and defend it and would i stand a chance, or would i just incur more cost on top of the £230. It was very early morning and the car was parked there for weeks prior to the NCP. I have a few friends left over and can get them to take photos of the signs around the carpark.

Any help and suggestions will be much appreciated.
    Last edited by DJ1; 21st October 2017, 10:37:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: BW Legal / Napier Parking LTD

Hi & welcome to LB.

You may as well acknowledge anyway.
    It gives you a bit of extra time to sort things out & you can change your mind later if you want.

We normally suggest to defend in full atm, tick yes for mediation, do not dispute jurisdiction if the claim is via MCOL & you live in England/Wales, do not enter any dialogue in the 'defence' box.

Napier, so IPC.
    Are Gladstones repping it?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Get that acknowledgement in NOW using the web page and password on the form. This will give you 33 days from date of issue to get your defence to the court. Don't identify the driver so modify the first post. "The driver....." etc.

Confirm you live in England or Wales.

If you still have the notice to keeper then please post if up after removing identifying details. Leave the dates.

Comment

Thank you for the replies, i have now send an acknowledgement which gives me the extra time. I can confirm i live in england and i will upload the only letter from BW which i have kept. Thanks
        http://ibb.co/fjkwLm
        http://ibb.co/eERgmR

Comment

So write to them and ask that in order to narrow the issues would they please provide a copy of the original Notice to keeper, which you presume is the FCN they are talking about, that was given for this claim. Also query why, in their letter, have they added £110 of solicitors costs when the know they are not permitted to do this in the small claims track. Also ask how there can be an alleged contractual charge in a FCN that they sent to you as you were not in a positions to agree or disagree,

Also ask if they are claiming against you as the keeper or you as the driver.

Comment

Did you receive a letter before claim (either from Napier, or more likely BWL) before the court claim & before BWL's letter which you've posted above?
            If so, when?
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X