• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Employee leaves without notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employee leaves without notice

Hi I have just had an employee refuse to come to work without notice.
    Also would owe us money for training which is stated in her contract if she leaves before a year after completing training.

Where do I stand with paying her money for wages that she has wasn't over the last 20 days?

Many thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Employee leaves without notice

I believe that if the signed contract clearly states that she is liable for payment for training and there is a specific sum mentioned then you should provide a payslip showing this deduction and reason.

Otherwise you have to pay her, and accrued holiday pay

Comment

Whereas I believe you need an express written agreement which gives you the right to deduct the fees from the final wages to protect you from a claim for unlawful deductions. [MENTION=51026]Ula[/MENTION] might have a more definite answer

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
        Whereas I believe you need an express written agreement which gives you the right to deduct the fees from the final wages to protect you from a claim for unlawful deductions. @Ula might have a more definite answer
        Would you really want an employee working for you under these conditions?

Just consider how much damage the employee could do to your business!

Comment

It's happened to me a couple of times and although I do pay them for the hours owing I deduct the cost of covering the shifts by having to employ someone else. They then get any balance remaining.

Comment

If your employee has left without giving and working their notice then you are only due to pay salary up until their last working day, plus payment for any accrued but untaken holiday.

In regard to the issue of the training course can you post up the clause in the contract that relates to this please plus in the contract did you have any clause relating to deductions from wages if so please can you post that as well. Any specific company names need to be redacted!
            If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
            If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Originally posted by Ula View Post
              If your employee has left without giving and working their notice then you are only due to pay salary up until their last working day, plus payment for any accrued but untaken holiday.

In regard to the issue of the training course can you post up the clause in the contract that relates to this please plus in the contract did you have any clause relating to deductions from wages if so please can you post that as well. Any specific company names need to be redacted!
              Seems quite a complicated topicI

You need to consider just the legal Employer / employee considerations plus the reputational ones. Not sure where the balance lies?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X