• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Ill health retirement from the LGPS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ill health retirement from the LGPS

I've just been discharged from hospital following a second stroke and other health complications. The stroke was brought on by workplace stress. I'm 61 and my normal retirement age is 65.
    Can anyone offer any advice on the ill health retirement process and things I should be aware of?
    Tags: None

Re: Ill health retirement from the LGPS

Sorry to hear about your situation.

Is your employer aware of the fact you stroke was brought on by workplace stress?

Do you have a company pension and if so does it have a provision for retirement on the basis of ill health?
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Thanks for your reply - my employer intends to meet me next week when I shall make it clear that workplace stress is considered a major contributory factor in my case. My GP agrees that this is so. I'm part of the LGPS and it does cover ill health retirement though the pathway to receiving an agreement that I would be unable to continue working, and receive a made up to 65 pension looks daunting from the stuff I've read.

Comment

I presume that LGPS will have some sort of process that needs to be followed in regard to agreeing to make pension payment early in the event of an ill health retirement, which may include a medical report from your GP. It sounds like he is supportive of the fact that workplace stress is considered a major contributory factor. It such a report is required it may well be worth ensuring a copy goes to your employer if you are in agreement to that.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
        If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X