• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Parking Control Mnagement / - 22-9-2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - Parking Control Mnagement / - 22-9-2017

Originally posted by AshleyJ View Post

I have copied below the revised version of the defence which was taken from the PePiPoo forums.
    It is fine.
    In fact you don't really have to go into detail, as the general rule is that both parties have to agree to a hearing on papers.
    Saying 'no' is not a 'defence' as such, you are just exercising your right for a public hearing in person.
    But it won't harm to give reasons.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      It is fine.
      In fact you don't really have to go into detail, as the general rule is that both parties have to agree to a hearing on papers.
      Saying 'no' is not a 'defence' as such, you are just exercising your right for a public hearing in person.
      Excellent! Thanks for the advice.

Comment

It is fine.
        So we've now received the directions questionnaire from the CC. Now would it be useful for us to email the directions questionnaire along with a response to Gladstones telling them why we refuse the paper hearing and an updated version of the defence as mentioned in post dated 22nd??
        Last edited by AshleyJ; 26th October 2017, 12:06:PM. Reason: typo

Comment

You have to complete & return a copy of the DQ to court by the due date.

You also have to send a copy to the other party's legal rep, Gladstones.

If it were me I'd send the G one by ordinary 1st class post & get a free certificate of posting.
          Some of these parking co's (& their reps) have been known to refuse tracked (eg SignedFor) & have disputed email service (for technical reasons).
          All you need is proof of posting, so the free cert covers you.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

You have to complete & return a copy of the DQ to court by the due date.

You also have to send a copy to the other party's legal rep, Gladstones.

If it were me I'd send the G one by ordinary 1st class post & get a free certificate of posting.
            Some of these parking co's (& their reps) have been known to refuse tracked (eg SignedFor) & have disputed email service (for technical reasons).
            All you need is proof of posting, so the free cert covers you.
            Thanks for the heads up.

They are (Gladstones) using email to contact me so it's maybe worth replying to Gladstone and the courts using the same email??

Any thoughts??

Comment

If they're already contacting you via email it should be fine to reply by email.

I'd probably send a copy by snail mail as well, but I'm a bit 'belt'n'braces', lol!
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

If they're already contacting you via email it should be fine to reply by email.

I'd probably send a copy by snail mail as well, but I'm a bit 'belt'n'braces', lol!
                I will email both parties at the same time. Therefore I'll have a paper trail and so will the courts.

many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by AshleyJ View Post

I will email both parties at the same time. Therefore I'll have a paper trail and so will the courts.

many thanks
                  charitynjw I have a date now set for the 8th March. Would the County Court allow for video evidence or only photographic evidence? I have been sent all the details from Gladstones and the size of the novel of evidence they have sent is ridiculous!!
                  We have two weeks to go and we are still stating wrong street and wrong driver- we have gathered enough evidence to support this but would like to show footage of the actual drive into the street.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X