• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sar request?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sar request?

Hi,
    i have sent a SAR request to an OC, now I know they have 40 days to respond, are they to give an acknowledgement to say they are obtaining the paperwork?
    The 40 days is that calendar days or working days?
    Thanks all
    Tags: None

Re: Sar request?

DPA 1998 s7 mentions 40 days.
    This would normally be calendar days unless otherwise specified.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

So time to write to them and find out why I've not heard anything from them me thinks.

Comment

methinks you wrong = time to complain to the ICO - then watch them produce

You can find advice on the ICO’s website on how to deal with a subject access request [ico.org.uk/sar] and information on their powers and the action they can take [ico.org.uk/action] or call them on 0303 123 1113.

Comment

Ooh! I like that approach better

Comment

Did you enclose the £10 fee and if so have you checked to make sure it has been encashed?

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
              Did you enclose the £10 fee and if so have you checked to make sure it has been encashed?
              Yes and that was my next thought to see if postal order has been cashed.

Comment

Are they registered with the ICO as a Data Controller?

Comment

Not being picky but are you sure they have received it? In my view a reminder to them won't go amiss and shows you are being lenient. Rather than go to the ICO a bigger shock is a County Court claim ordering them to comply.

Comment

Have confirmed via track and trace that they have signed for letter.

How to check registration with ico?

Comment

https://ico.org.uk/about-the-ico/wha...a-controllers/
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                      gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X