• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Defence against court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defence against court claim

Hi everyone,
    I hope someone could advise me.
    I have a situation when I have received a Court Claim form from County Court regarding the overdue balance for EE account I took on my name in 2014 on behalf of my ex partner at the time when we were together, which obviously he
    has ignored to make any payments and was never bothered to do it.
    To be honest, I have letters coming to my address since then and I always had notified my ex about this debt, and thought he would take an action some day.

I have saved the Acknowledgment of Service on www.moneyclaim.gov.uk and I wish to dispute the whole claim.
    I understand that this may be impossible, but is there any chance and what I could write on my defence form.

I`m not sure of the language and literacy I should use etc.

Many thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Defence against court claim

Hi,
    Any advise would be much appreciated, has anyone had similar experience?

Thank you in advance

Comment

If you explain what your reasons for defending are then we might be able to help you.

Simply saying that it should have been your ex-partner who paid them is probably not going to cut it, since it was set up in your name so it is you who is responsible for the payments. You need ot have a real defence as to why you don't owe the money, if not you might wish to consider trying to settle the matter promptly, without incurring further costs and having a CCJ added to your name.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

have you told your ex you are being sued for this? If he can settle the amount, you will not have a CCJ on your credit record for the next 6 years.

Comment

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your replies, I explained the situation to my ex and he has agreed to pay specified amount, I have sent the N9A form back to the claimant with an offer regards the payments.

What happens next? I`m guessing, that I have to wait until they decide and will send me a letter again to confirm the agreement..? Do I need to update anything in www.moneyclaim.gov.uk as I saved the Acknowledgment of Service there.

Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X