• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot at it again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot at it again

Hi All

Been a while, 2 years infact, serviced 4 debts and one to go.
    Or rather that’s what I thought. Two old ones have appeared now both Credit Cards, both originally went nowhere with Cabot, followed the usual line of DPA request and I believe SAR to Cabot and to the acting solicitor at the time (can’t remember who) got one back with Notice of Discontinuance and the other I can’t remember what happened. But something along the lines of asking for more info ie SAR and DPA requests and told me they didn’t have anything and then subsequent non communication for both in the last 2 years. I wasn’t going to chase them.
    Both no longer appear on my credit file, it seems as though Cabot are fishing.

I’ll pull up some more info on this next week as I’m in Mexico at this moment lol! Sorry but leaving this to rest whilst trying to holiday was hard and couldn’t resist.

Do I write back and tell them to spin on it or just let them keep writing to me and then send them a statue barred letter as they both have surpassed those now

Please find attached the hilarious Welcome!
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Cabot at it again

Hi can i just check

When you say DPA (data protection act) do you mean CCA (consumer credit act ) under S78?

You say one had a notice of discontinuance - I assume a claim had been issued, had you filed a defence? If you had and they then discontinued they may have problems reissuing a claim.

I think you need to check your files, no great urgency in writing back to them. If they had not complied with your S78 request I would just wait and see

In Mexico , how nice- my OH is on a tour and currently in Belize

Comment

Re: Cabot at it again

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
      Hi can i just check

When you say DPA (data protection act) do you mean CCA (consumer credit act ) under S78?

You say one had a notice of discontinuance - I assume a claim had been issued, had you filed a defence? If you had and they then discontinued they may have problems reissuing a claim.

I think you need to check your files, no great urgency in writing back to them. If they had not complied with your S78 request I would just wait and see

In Mexico , how nice- my OH is on a tour and currently in Belize
      Yes I do, DPA and CCA are exactly that.
      The notice of discontinuance was served immediately after the claim had been issued and my intention to defend the whole claim had been put forward for the ccj. During the 28 day I received the Notice before I could even put together my full defence stating the facts of not receiving full CCA etc amongst other failures. So therefore the solicitor wrote to me telling me it was fully discontinued for the whole claim. So it was all put to bed before I did anything else. And now like I say it’s been 2 years and they’re welcoming me back!! Idiots

Thanks bud, hope OH is having a great time. Speak soon

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X