• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

No Prior warning for bus lane ticket. Marston Dept collection using the wrong name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Prior warning for bus lane ticket. Marston Dept collection using the wrong name

Hello, I'm looking for some advice.
    I received a letter from Marston Bailiffs in Augusts demanding £170 for what looks lane a bus lane penalty. Prior to this i have not received any information from Leeds city Council.
    The name on the letter was addressed to Tom WIlkson... And not my name Tom Wilson.
    I have phones Leeds council on countless times and left voice mails for them to phone me back.. I have also sent emails explaining my issue and the amount of anxiety it is causing me. From the emails I have received automated emails back saying they are "working to respond to your communication"
    I received another letter from Marstons in September to say the amount has gone up. Again this was addressed to Tom Wilkson .. Not Wlson.

Today I have had very intimidating men come to my brothers house and treating to collect £410. I felt I had no choice but the pay them. They Asked for Tom Wilson On Arrival (correct name). I explained I have had no prior warnings or notification from the council. I have only received 2 letters from Marston which spell my name wrong. I was scared and felt i had no choice but to pay this money. On the receipt it said for the payment of Tom WIlkson. (not Wilson) I questioned this and he said he has to put on there the name the warrant is out for..despite this not being my name and they knew this. I'm really shocked that this can happen.
    If had proof and notice that I had driven in a bus lane, I would have paid straight away.. now I have had to pay £410 and feel completely abused by this.

Is there any thing I can do?

Kind Regards

Tom
    Tags: None

Re: No Prior warning for bus lane ticket. Marston Dept collection using the wrong n

The name issue is a non-starter as it would only be classed as minor. As for all the documentation this will all have gone to the address where the vehicle was registered at the time of the offence. This begs the question of have you moved or what address was on the V5c at that time.

It is a shame you waited so long before coming here as there is a procedure in place to be able to deal with this. I will ask if this can be used retrospectively.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X