• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow Global -Allied International - Lloyds overdraft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Global -Allied International - Lloyds overdraft

Good morning. Its been a while since I posted on here but I have received a letter from Allied International to say that Arrow Global have bought a debt (I believe its an overdraft) that was mine. I have had no dealings with the lender for over 6 years and have had no correspondence from them in this time. Am I correct in stating that this is therefore statute barred and I have a right to request copies of all correspondence from the original creditor?

Thank you
    Tags: None

Re: Arrow Global -Allied International - Lloyds overdraft

Originally posted by Nuff55 View Post
    Good morning. Its been a while since I posted on here but I have received a letter from Allied International to say that Arrow Global have bought a debt (I believe its an overdraft) that was mine. I have had no dealings with the lender for over 6 years and have had no correspondence from them in this time. Am I correct in stating that this is therefore statute barred and I have a right to request copies of all correspondence from the original creditor?

Thank you
    Good morning,

The debt may well be statute barred, but you need to make checks, first check your free credit reference files it may give you some useful information.

All defaulted accounts are removed from credit files after 6 years from the default date registered with agencies.

Do you know from your records when the account was defaulted, when the last payment or unequivocal written acknowledgment was made in regard to the alleged debt.

nem

Comment

It was showing on my credit records as being in default until recently (probably Sept) and has now disappeared. I can't remember the default date however but if it has been removed then its likely it was 6 years ago. I believe the last time I used that account was in October 2010. I have not had any contact with anyone since that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuff55 View Post
        It was showing on my credit records as being in default until recently (probably Sept) and has now disappeared. I can't remember the default date however but if it has been removed then its likely it was 6 years ago. I believe the last time I used that account was in October 2010. I have not had any contact with anyone since that time.
        No payments or written acknowledgment in the 6 year period? If not then my opinion is the debt is SB.

However Statute Barred does not mean the debt is wiped out ( it would be if you live in Scotland) it still exists but cannot be enforced in court.

Arrow Global will be in touch soon I guess but until they do don't engage with them at all.

nem

Comment

If you have a spare tenner it might be worth sending a SAR to Lloyds to get all the info

The problem with OD's are they are funny things and a default on your credit file is not necessarily related to the actual closure and formal demand for the account.

A SAR will tell you when the account was actually closed

I would send what is often called a DSAR - this asks for everything they hold on you - it costs the same

I personally like detailed SAR requests that specify what you are after but in such a way they are not exactly sure what you are asking for

Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time

Please note that I require disclosure of any personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you.

This Subject Access Request includes - but is not limited to any data you hold about me in respect of any matter and held in any form including; statements, notes, screen notes, recordings, internal correspondence and external correspondence. Please note that this Subject Access Request is not limited to the account/reference number mentioned above but that number has been provided purely as a starting reference for you.

For the avoidance of doubt, and as stated above, this Subject Access Request requires disclosure of ALL personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 calendar days in which to comply.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return.

If I do not hear from you then I will assume that this Statutory Request is satisfactory and that the 40 day timescale has started.

Yours faithfully,

[name]
          If you have moved include all addresses you may have had and expect to have to prove your identity - possibly by going into a branch to show ID

So you could add something like
          I have lived at the current address since xxxxxx and previously I lived at ........

If you need to verify my identity i am happy to provide my driving licence/passport and I would be happy to visit the branch in xxx to collect the data and provide ID

You don't have to put the above but if you have moved and/or they decide to be bloody minded they will write to you and ask for ID anyway

Comment

Thank you. I'm going to do just that. I'll let you know what happens. In the meantime I shall ignore AIC and Arrow Global unless they threaten me with court action.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X