• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ESA mandatory reconsideration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESA mandatory reconsideration

I've requested a mandatory reconsideration on a sanction following a face to face capability assessment as the refusal to pay me was based on pretty much on lies, inaccuracies on their part and things have been claimed that I said and actual relevant things I said have been omitted and the medical report appears to have went through a few decision makers who have cut my payment totally off.

The best part is my circumstances haven't changed since the claim began a year ago and now I don't meet it? I had surgery to attempt to alleviate the problem but I was and still am convalescing with problems still present that might need further surgery or just more healing time.

I'm now around 9 weeks with no money or no response to my appeal and a £1200 credit card bill debt......

And I have recorded the liar too, i was nearly in tears when I replayed it while reading the contradiction filled refusal report.

Bets if I asked beforehand that I would still be in receipt of my payments.

They did this to me previously earlier this year claiming I didn't attend an assessment and I was without money for 11 weeks. I hadn't been asked to attend any assessment. They back paid, then requested I attend aforementioned assessment. I have a clear cut case supported by medical evidence that they are clearly not looking at or speaking to my G.P or treating consultants.

I've phoned a few times but normally after 50 mins or more of automated stuff, it rings like I'm getting put through and stops, I say hello then I get cut off and have to start again. I even have fell asleep trying to get through due to medication flooring me. I'm really struggling.

Where can I go from here with this anyone?

Thanks in advance, Bob
    Tags: None

Re: ESA mandatory reconsideration

Just giving this a bump for you Bob -Judging by the time you wrote it I can see how much this is affecting you.
    Px

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Be warned they will almost certainly reject your mandatory reconsideration as the staff are targeted to rejected 80% of them.

Comment

Thank you for the replies folks. I'm up & down all day & all night at around 3/4 hour intervals.

The constant battle of pain and side effects of the crazy cocktail of pain relief I've been on makes life difficult. My life is get up, take meds, do Physio and return to bed due to pain and effects of meds I get about 45 mins after taking them.

I lie in bed to ease the pain but I spark out after a short time. Its not like falling asleep, its like a coma type sensation. I hear family members going around upstairs and call out to them sometimes but they don't hear me though confirm they were there and said the things I heard them say.
        I awake with a bang and always feel as tired and lousy as when I sparked out.

I try hard for the family sake during the day to remain positive and through the night is when I wake up and tend to worry most when alone and everyone's asleep. I search online for advice and help but all i find is tales of woe. My wife and I sleep in separate rooms due to my pain and the fact the bed is full of pillows strategically placed to prop bits of me up and prevent me rolling over causing pain.

Trying to get through on the DWP phone line is a joke, they told me last time that the mailbags are piled high when I questioned why my letter sent three weeks previously wasn't processed or on the system. They need more people and later open phone line times. Ive missed hospital & physio appointments now as can't get afford taxi anymore at £35 each way. Someone said you could claim back but you have to have money to pay in first place. So DWP are preventing my return to health as well as putting food on the table and heating my home.

I've paid in heavily in contributions since leaving school and the first time I need the pittance of support you are eligible for, they let you and your family down. How can they turn down 80%?

I would be better going across Europe, throwing my passport away and coming back in as a non UK citizen. They have treated me like dirt and I'm contemplating when I am fit to return to work that I will not be paying back in to the lousy system that failed us again.

Embarrassed to be British and in need.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X