• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary Termination advice

I am looking to voluntary terminate my hp agreement on my car. There is just over £1000 to bring it up to the half way mark. Would it be best for me to make a payment,bringing the amount up to the half way mark before or after sending in the termination letter.
    I am in a position to do this.
    Tags: None

Re: Voluntary Termination advice

If you can afford the difference then there is no harm in sending the VT letter now and enclosing the cheque for the difference. Or you can give your notice and then ask them to provide you with the final balance to make up the 50% which you could ask to pay by bank transfer rather than cheque.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for your fast reply. Would it be acceptable to pay over the phone by card?

Comment

I'd be more inclined to pay by bank transfer or cheque. Not that I am saying lenders are dishonest but they might just take more money than you think and could have a hard time getting it back unless you take matters to court. Any way to reduce putting yourself at that risk is always a good thing.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

I have made the payment,bringing the agreement up to the half way amount. I used the template from here,and posted 8 days ago,first class recorded. The letter has been signed for so i know they now have it.
          Its been 8 days since the letter was received,but have heard nothing as yet. Is this normal? I have also cancelled the direct debit.

Comment

Only two days to go,from the date of the letter,regarding my termination,and still no contact from them. Can anybody please give me some advice on what to do next? Should i ring them?\

Comment

Phone them up and ask. Did you give them a date when the termination was to come into effect?

Comment

Hi yes,i used the template letter and dated it from the day after i sent it. It says that i terminate from that date.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X