• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

court order on house

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• court order on house

Hi, bit of advice if anyone can help! I had a CO granted against me about 6 years ago, by Blake Lapthorn, for 6,000. My in laws want to pay off our mortgage of 20,000, due to me being disabled (I have been awarded full PIP support). I should have tried harder to put my case forward in court but at the time I was pretty unwell. My husband has nothing to do with the debt & we jointly own the house. Can they force a sale if its paid off? & will this appear on the release documents of the house? I am not in the position of paying the debt back & I am paying regular instalments of 10.00 a month, I am absolutely terrified of the outcome, but my in laws are not aware of this. My health is not good & I could do without all the stress to be honest. Any advice would be gratefully received thank you
    Tags: None

Re: court order on house

Practice guide 76: charging orders - GOV.UK

https://www.gov.uk/government/.../charging-orders/practice-guide-76-charging-order...

Joint owners - then only Restriction on property Form K = if sold the charging order people get informed after the sale (or should not before), one person debt has not effect the other joint party to property read thru attached, the joint owner cannot be penalised for something they are not party to.

sure others will give a more clear idea of the situation.

Comment

Thank you Mike, please forgive me if I sound silly, but it means they can't force a sale? I have difficulty digesting info nowadays!

Comment

as stated no - you cannot be penalised when you are an innocent party, read through the link above and click within it "JOINT PARTIES", gives you the idea what a Restriction K is all about

Comment

Mike thank you, your a star!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X