• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with windscreen ticket from UKPC with wrong reg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with windscreen ticket from UKPC with wrong reg

Hi
    I've got a ticket from UKPC for an expired permit being displayed. The reg on the parking charge notice is not the reg of my car, does this make the ticket void? Any advise on whether I can ignore the ticket or whether I should appeal it? They do have some (quite low quality) photos attached to the charge online.

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Help with windscreen ticket from UKPC with wrong reg

If the reg no is incorrect, I am pretty sure it makes the ticket void. The number is fairly fundamental!!

Comment

In the world of private parking anything appears to go. The next problem the parking company will have is applying to the DVLA for the keeper details so that they can issue a Notice to Keeper, they may have a photo with the correct number or somebody that has the incorrect number will get a NTK. That brings them to the next problem. To hold the keeper liable the details on the Notice to Driver (the windscreen ticket) and the NTK have to be the same.

File away the NTD and wait for the NTK. Come back if it appears.

You mention a permit. Is this a residential parking place and you live in the associated flats?

Comment

Just out of interest is it a case of letter 'O's & number '0's being wrongly identified?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X