• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sainsburys - horizon parking ltd - county court claim - Letter Received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sainsburys - horizon parking ltd - county court claim - Letter Received

Hi,

Sorry for the repost but I had an old post about this but can not get any responses basically I recived a small claims court from horizon parking for parking in sainsburys car park. I filed my defence and have now received this letter from Gladstone horizon basically saying they want it to go to court and will not mediate. They have also said in the questionnaire that they will not be able to attend the hearing for the case. On the covering letter they have also stated the client would be happy to listen to any genuine payment proposals that we wish to put forward. To make this easier I would pay a small fee to them to just get this finished and closed is it worth me contacting them and offering say £40 or would this be pointless? I have attached the letter.

Here is the link to my previous post.
    http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...372#post748372

Thank you guys.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Sainsburys - horizon parking ltd - county court claim - Letter Received

Do not agree to a hearing on paper.
    It puts litigants in person at a serious disadvantage.
    Much better to go to the hearing in person & give oral evidence.

Have you been sent a DQ from the court yet?
    If not, actually write on it that you want a hearing in person & give the above-mentioned reason.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi,

Yes I have received the DQ from the court. Would I have to attend on my own then even though they would not be?

Would it be worth calling them and making them a small offer to get this finished and settled or better letting it go to court? If I didn't win the case would I occur any more fees?

I am a bit worried about it going to a hearing as I am not really to sure what I would have to say.

Thank you for your help.

Comment

I recived a small claims court from horizon parking for parking in sainsburys car park. I filed my defence
        Would I have to attend on my own
        Who is the named defendant on the court claim form?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I am, my brother started the thread for me but my name is on the Court Claim.

Comment

Originally posted by johnyb121 View Post
            I am, my brother started the thread for me but my name is on the Court Claim.
            Ok.
            Just that on your previous link it says
            My sister has had a claims letter come through which was for tickets at sainsburys a fair while ago
            Same Gladstones letter as well.
            Are there 2 claims? Or am I missing something? (If so, well it is Monday morning.....)
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

haha yes sorry for the confusion this is for the same claim as the other thread which my brother started for me, I just started a new thread as I could not get any responses to that one.

They are trying to claim for a few different dates which date back to around 2013/14.

Would it be worth calling and seeing what offer they would accept or could this hinder the case in anyway if it goes to court?

Thank you for your help.

Comment

If it were me I would not phone either Gladstones or the parking co.
                In writing only, & with proof of sending.

Any offer, if you feel it is the way to go for you, should be headed 'Without Prejudice' & clearly state that no liability is inferred or intended.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

The hearing on paper only is a well know gladstone trick to save themselves costs and make it easier for you to lose. With your DQ object to a paper only hearing and request that the hearing is at your local court so that you can defend and question their representative.

Have a look on the PepiPoo private parking forum. Look for Gladstones and special directions. See suggested responses.

Comment

Hi Ostell,

Ok thank you I will have a read through and object to the paper hearing.

It has special directions on there DQ and says that they will not be able to attend the hearing and request the claim be transferred to the claimants court. Does this mean that no one will show up to represent them? surely this will not help them.

When I send the DQ back today do I need to also send Gladstones a copy or just straight to the court address on the DQ

Thank you

Comment

Nominate your local court (or one that is convenient).

Send Gladstones a copy as well....get proof of posting.

Gladstones do sometimes attend....usually a solicitors 'agent'.
                      There is an issue regarding whether they have a right of audience or not. (See https://nearlylegal.co.uk/2017/01/so...ghts-audience/ ) but I am led to believe that in these parking cases some judges allow it just to get the case over & done with.
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Ok great thanks i will get this sent off today,

Do I just need to send a covering letter to Gladstone or shall I scan and copy all of the N180 form and attach that and send it to gladstone to?

I took the below off another thread from a site Ostell posted above will this be ok to use for the covering letter?

The defendant objects to the the request for a paper hearing. Gladstones solicitors have a record of filing incorrect documents in court. In Link Parking v Cowles B5GF95H3, Chippenham Court, 24/11/2015 in front of DJ Asplin, it was found that a witness statement prepared by Gladstones solicitors and signed by Martin Gardner of Link Parking, contained false information. Martin Gardner admitted signing the witness statement before it was fully prepared.

As the facts of the case are in dispute, I believe it important to be able to orally challenge the claimant, and any witness statement they may file later.

It is also noted that Gladstones regular behaviour is to ambush defendants in court by failing to provide any information until the last minute. I therefore wish to be able to challenge whatever information is filed should I disagree. It is noted that the correct procedure is to file any challenges to my defence as a reply to defence. Gladstone solicitors regularly ignore the court process by attempting to file new legal arguments in their witness statement at the last minute. As they are regularly assist in parking cases they are well aware this is not correct procedure.

Should they do this, I would need to orally dispute this.

For all these reasons I request that an oral hearing is held.

Comment

... an oral hearing is held at a court local to me.

Yes to the court and a copy of the letter to Gladstone. You are required to send a copy of your DQ to Gladstones as well as the court. Get free proof of posting from a Post Office.

Comment

Thanks guys I have sent that all off and will wait to hear back

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X