• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gladstones Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gladstones Solicitors

I April I used the car park at the back of what was Morrison's in Wootton Bassett for approx 20mins at about 7:30pm to get some fish and chips from across the road.
    The sign that was flapping about in the wind hanging over the back wall of the car apark was largely unreadable as the car park isn't lit but it did notice that it stated that you were entitled in big bold letters to 30mins free parking. having parked on the left hand side of the car park where there are no additional signs I parked,returned and thought nothing of it until I received an claim for £100 from Premier Parks Looking online the common advice was to ignore these as they have no right to claim anything so I did just that.
    The claim was then upped to £150 by debtrecorveryplus and subsequently "sold" to Zenith Collections who then offered a discount to £99. I continued to ignore this.
    I have today received a letter from Gladstones demanding the £150 or they will start court proceedings.

From what I can see the issue is purely that i failed to input my registration number into a machine which I didn't realised i needed to do. I presume this requirement was part of the deal with Morrisons who occupied the site beforehand but subsequently moved out. They have used ANPR but have stated that quite clearly that i did not exceed the 30min limit.

Are the owners/management companies allowed to insist on you doing this and if you fail to comply with unimportant rules then issue with what is effect an exorbitant fine even tho you didn't exceed the 30min free parking offer? As we appealed through POPLA too late they declined to appeal on our behalf.

I haven't disclosed who was driving at the time to either debt recovery company. The letter from Gladstones doesn't state the nature of the offence for which they are claiming just that I supposedly owe the claimant Premier Parks Ltd and should pay debtrecoveryuk although the land is apparently privately owned.

Your thoughts would be appareciated.
    Cheers
    Last edited by latestarter2; 14th October 2017, 11:08:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: Gladstones Solicitors

So you received the first coument entitled Notice to Keeper. If you still have it then post it up. What was the name of the parking comp nay on the signs? Can you still get a pphot of that "30 minutes free" sign?

Comment

do you mean the photo evidence letter?

trying to insert the image but it wont upload the photo?
      Last edited by latestarter2; 14th October 2017, 10:48:AM.

Comment

This is the original notice received.

- - - Updated - - -

as you can see it clearly states i was only parked for 22mins.
        Attached Files

Comment

Any pics of the site signage?
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I can get some but they’ve changed it all.

Comment

Here’s the small sign by the entrance
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by latestarter2 View Post
                I can get some but they’ve changed it all.
                When?
                It appears that those entrance signs were there over a year ago.
                http://www.chrishurstrwb.com/residen...park-operator/

Did you take pics of the instructions on the machine?

Btw, ignore DRP & Zenith.
                Both the same company, both 3rd party debt collectors so they have never owned any rights to this.

Also could you post up that Gladstones letter? (obscure personal details)
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Here’s a pic of the state of the banner and the view of the entrance to the car park
                  Attached Files

Comment

The entrance signs in post #7 is different to to the one shown in post #9.
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Here's the letter i received from Gladstones this morning.
                      Attached Files

Comment

If you read that letter carefully, you'll note that payment is to be made to DRP.
                        DRP are 3rd party debt collectors who have no right or legal standing in trying to enforce the alleged debt.
                        You might get also letters from a firm called Zenith, & possibly DRP themselves. They are the same company.
                        File the letters & ignore them.
                        That 'Gladstones' letter says that there is an option of court proceedings, not 'definitely gonna do it'.
                        They also have the option of folding the letter up &......voila!

Plus several other options, many of which I'm far to polite to mention!
                        Last edited by charitynjw; 15th October 2017, 02:30:AM.
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

�� so do I need to acknowledge the letter or not?

Comment

Nope.
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X