• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Old Debenhams Card - from the 90s - PPI Claim - Advice please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Old Debenhams Card - from the 90s - PPI Claim - Advice please

Originally posted by chunky1701 View Post
    I am still paying this Debt off now at £10.00 a month to LDS who I think are Lewis Debt Services. . . .

no longer have paperwork for the account, but do have some details and a customer reference on the monthly standing order - there is now showing an end date on my bank for this standing order of Jul 2021 - so I think I owe them around £420.00.

. . . . If they locate me, I can pay off the remaining balance immediately.

Are you certain your standing order is still going to Lewis Debt Services since they are now a dormant company so I'm not sure they're entitled to collect money from you or negotiate anything if they've ceased trading.

According to their latest accounts, filed at Companies House 10 days ago, they admit they haven't been trading since 2015 (when their FCA licence lapsed) and don't intend to start trading again "in the foreseeable future".

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/d...cdEo9NeGzwU%3D

Do a bit of research before you make your final decision.

And maybe make a call to the FCA if it's the same business as the one in those links.

(Could it be another one?)

Di

Comment

Re: Old Debenhams Card - from the 90s - PPI Claim - Advice please

Hi all - apologies for the late reply, the standing order states LDS - this is my only old debt remaining from that period - there is a customer reference with my details and a sort code and bank account number in brackets. I did owe Lloyds, but we settled in 2001 and they did a good deal with me on the settlement figure - Debenhams was the only CCJ I had. The £10.00 per month has been in place since around 2000 - there is now an end date of July 2021 on it when I view the standing order in my bank account. From memory, I think the CCJ was for around the 2k mark - I cannot find the paperwork anywhere - we've moved quite a few times. I've got no idea who to ring - would my bank be able to tell me the name of the business this money is being paid to? What I want to do is deal with this and clear it, then go for my ppi claim directly after this has closed. If I had a phone number for them, I would just ring up the Company and give my new details and pay them - I do not want to avoid the debt - I just want to draw a line under it, so it doesn't interfere or cloud the details when I try for ppi claim. I hope this makes sense.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X