• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Need a bit of help re: brighthouse repairing phone voiding warranty and doing shoddy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a bit of help re: brighthouse repairing phone voiding warranty and doing shoddy

Hi all,
    Really need to know where I stand here before I ring brighthouse tomorrow. My screen broke on my s7 edge and I had 1 week left of paying at brighthouse. Took to brighthouse and they repaired it, by the time I got it back I had paid it off. Stupidly never checked well in shop. Anyhow fastforward to now say 2 weeks later, and my camera isn't working. Took to samsung to see about a repair as obviously paid it off at brighthouse so knew they wouldn't repair it now. Samsung took a look at it and refused to fix it as I had had a 3rd party repair so warranty is void, however I don't feel like I was told that by brighthouse? I was paying them for cover hence why I took it to them for the repair. He also said the screen repair is the worst repair he has seen. The screen isn't glued down right and if I was to expose my 'waterproof' phone to water it would blow up as it's not sealed.
    Where do I stand with this? Samsung said he's off to do some investigations as on a previous repair by them camera fault was stated on the log but it was never repaired. They're going to call me back Tuesday but doubt they are going to help as to them my warranty is void.
    I don't feel like brighthouse should be able to get away with it? Not even just not telling me about voiding my warranty but the terrible repair job they've done on my phone? To me it's not noticeable until pointed out but I didnt exactly know what to look for.
    Any advice appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X