Thread: Voluntary Termination Auction

• Display

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Default Voluntary Termination Auction

Hi,

Just looking for a final (hopefully) piece of advice please - I'm taking the car to the auction next week as they have requested and have been told they will do a condition report - I've not seen one of these - do I sign it or do I refuse? What's best? There are a couple of scuffs - but nothing major at all, so wondering how that part ofthe process goes.

VIP Member

Mentions
    204 Post(s)

Default Re: Voluntary Termination Auction

Can you not polish out the scuffs? They inspect and request you sign the form to agree to the charges for repairs. Take copious photos, inside and out, of the condition.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ostell View Post
    Can you not polish out the scuffs? They inspect and request you sign the form to agree to the charges for repairs. Take copious photos, inside and out, of the condition.
    Yeah I've tried and they're still a bit noticeable - I saw someone on here had signed to say they'd handed the car over, but a second box to say they didn't agree with the condition of the vehicle, it was that I was wondering about.

Thanks

VIP Member

Mentions
    713 Post(s)

Whether you sign it is up to you. The main point is not to sign something that says you accept it and get a copy of the report - if they can't give you one or refuse then you may want to consider not signing the document. If the signature is on a PDA you might want to be more wary as you won't get a copy and nothing prevents them from lifting that signature onto another document and saying you signed it.
    DISCLAIMER: ANY CONTENT I POST IS INTENDED FOR EDUCATIONAL AND INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT A REPLACEMENT OR SUBSTITUTION FOR LEGAL ADVICE. I MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS AS TO THE ACCURACY OF MY POSTS NOR DO I ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY. USE OF ANY CONTENT IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK AND COST AND I ACCEPT NO LIABILITY. YOU SHOULD SEEK INDEPENDENT LEGAL ADVICE BY GOING TO Law Society's Find A Solicitor OR CONTACT YOUR LOCAL Citizen's Advice Bureau.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Thanks all, will let you know how I get on