• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ Set Aside Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ Set Aside Help

Hi, I am seeking some help here...

I have a CCJ that I want to be set- aside for the reason that the claim form was sent to an address I lived at over a year ago now (I moved out in June 2016) and only discovered it on my credit file at the end of last month.

The claimant is for Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd for an old Yorkshire Bank account (noticed they are not FCA regulated)

I have obtained copies of both the judgement in default (dated 17th August 2017) and the particulars of claim from the court.

Where do I stand with a old bank account? Because they allege in the particulars that there was a contract between myself and Yorkshire Bank and I owe £X amount.

I need some guidance on the obtaining documents as proof and I want to make an application and draft defence preferably raising the points above regards Proof of debt and FCA regulation....

Your help would be appreciated!
    Thanks
    C
    Tags: None

Re: CCJ Set Aside Help

Originally posted by cbatten565 View Post
    I have a CCJ that I want to be set- aside for the reason that the claim form was sent to an address I lived at over a year ago now (I moved out in June 2016) and only discovered it on my credit file at the end of last month.

The claimant is for Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd for an old Yorkshire Bank account (noticed they are not FCA regulated)

I have obtained copies of both the judgement in default (dated 17th August 2017) and the particulars of claim from the court.

Where do I stand with a old bank account? Because they allege in the particulars that there was a contract between myself and Yorkshire Bank and I owe £X amount.

I need some guidance on the obtaining documents as proof and I want to make an application and draft defence preferably raising the points above regards Proof of debt and FCA regulation.
    Hello (again)

I've seen/posted on your other thread ( http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...l=1#post756923 )

However I've now seen for the first time (on this thread) that the Claimant is Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd (currently unlicensed).

Can you provide some background to this debt/CCJ.

How much is the CCJ to put it bluntly?

Di

Comment

Hi Di,

Yes sorry- I had to get this post on the right thread.

The CCJ against me for £418.61 (includes £107 for costs)

And yes the claimant is Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd who appear to have bought this debt from Yorkshire bank- but I only knew about the fact that they purchased this only when I checked my credit profile on 23rd September 2017.

I have no relocation that they had purchased this debt.

Particulars are as follows;

THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS PAYMENT OF THE OVERDUE BALANCE DUE FROM THE DEFENDANT(S) UNDER A CONTRACT BETWEEN THE DEFENDANT(S) AND YORKSHIRE BANK DATED ON OR ABOUT MAR 05 2015 AND ASSIGNED TO THE CLAIMANT ON SEP 08 2016 PARTICULARS A/C NO XXXXX DATE ITEM VALUE 06/07/2017 DEFAULT BALANCE 311.61 POST REFRL CR NIL TOTAL 311.61

Comment

sorry to rush but is there any guidance you can provide me as to what to do next?

Comment

Did you have any knowledge of a debt owing to Yorkshire Bank?

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
            Did you have any knowledge of a debt owing to Yorkshire Bank?
            No I didnt know

Comment

Have you ever had an account with YB & if so could this have been an overdraft?

Comment

Its not in relation to an overdraft- I never had one with them. It must be something to do with bank charges etc or unpaid items.

Comment

If you have owed YB in the past for services they are within their rights to sell the debt on. Notifications will have gone to an old address if they were never notified of you moving. The way I see it is that Set Aside may only work if you were in a position to have paid the debt in full once you were notified about it thus preventing the original CCJ.

Comment

Point of the matter is, Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd are claimant to a FCA regulated product they allege I now owe them- I want to argue this point regardless if I owe YB money or not

Comment

Sorry but know nothing about that side of things.

Comment

Sorry, Di. Are you able assist any further?

Comment

Originally posted by cbatten565 View Post
                          Point of the matter is, Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd are claimant to a FCA regulated product they allege I now owe them- I want to argue this point regardless if I owe YB money or not
                          Unless you are on a pretty low income, it will cost you £255 to set aside a CCJ. When a CCJ is set aside it is usually relisted immediately for a hearing - unless you have a good defence, you will then end up with a CCJ dated 6 months after the one you currently have.. So really you do need to consider how likely you are to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Debt Camel View Post
                            Unless you are on a pretty low income, it will cost you £255 to set aside a CCJ. When a CCJ is set aside it is usually relisted immediately for a hearing - unless you have a good defence, you will then end up with a CCJ dated 6 months after the one you currently have.. So really you do need to consider how likely you are to win.
                            Okay- Thanks, I am familiar with the process as this is the second one I am applying to the court to set aside- the other is with the CC at the moment and I am awaiting a hearing date, so dont need to help with the process- I am trying to find out the legal arguments I am able to use as this one is a Current Account and my other has been a straight forward CCA (Old catalogue account)

Comment

Just wondering if anyone is able to provide any guidance on this at all? Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X