• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Money claims online

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money claims online

Hi I recently started a claim with mcol and had a judgment made against a company that owe me money, I gave the defendant time to respond which they failed to do so then paid to have a warrant issued. So far I have had no action or communication from mcol about what is happening or when. I have tried numerous telephone numbers and just get they on many occasions to a constant ringing line with no answer and not had any response after emailing. Citizens advice advise me they cannot help with the matter. Can anyone tell me how I can get some help and from who with this situation as now I not only feel out of pocket from the company I claimed against but now also money claims online too. Very frustrated. Please help.
    Tags: None

Re: Money claims online

When was the judgment awarded and when did you apply for the warrant ? You should receive something in writing within a couple weeks of applying, although it MAY be the claimant has applied to set aside the judgment in the meantime .... as you bought the claim via mcol can you still log in there and see the current status ?

What number are you trying to get through to nccbc on ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi the judgement was entered 11/7/2017
      I applied for the warrant on 31/7/17 and it was issued 1/8/2017
      I have a final return on 29/9/17 but not sure what this means and that only appeared on the claim history in the last few days.
      I am the claimant and I have not set aside. The numbers I have sourced and tried for money claims online/business centre are
      I have tried many numbers 03001231372

And they are just a few that I still have written down. I even contacted my council ballif to see if he could help and he replied every time with he was on holiday and couldn't help over 3 attempts in 2 months.

Comment

Not sure on the 'final return' bit on MCOL

Their help guide says;
        The warrant will be sent to the defendant’s local court for enforcement and the local court
        should provide you with updates (called “warrant returns”) on the progress. If the warrant
        cannot be enforced, or if the warrant is paid,
        you will be sent a “final return” advising that
        enforcement has concluded and the reasons why.
        ( And apologies, I meant the Defendant may have applied to set aside )

So any issues with the defendant's address that you are aware of? The defendant company hasn't gone into liquidation or anything?

01604 619 400 is about the only number you haven't tried. Maybe email them ccbc@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk ?

Might actually be better contacting the defendants local court... if you haven't tried that, as seems that where enforcement would be managed from ? ( https://courttribunalfinder.service....search/address )
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X