• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Lowell Portfolio Ltd / Three Mobile - 25-9-2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim - Lowell Portfolio Ltd / Three Mobile - 25-9-2017

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 25-9-2017
    Amount approx:
    Claimant: Lowell Portfolio Ltd
    Solicitor: Lowell Solicitors Limited
    Original Credit: Three Mobile

Particulars of Claim:

Stat Barred? Yes

Have sent: Acknowledged the Claim

Other Info:
    Not sure if Statute Barred or not, I believe its been 6 years, but might only be 5 and a half years, not sure how to check.
    Tags: None

Re: Court Claim - Lowell Portfolio Ltd / Three Mobile - 25-9-2017

Seems that the Particulars of Claim section didn't post correctly so here it is again:
    1) The Defendant entered into an agreement with Three Mobile under account reference [REDACTED] ('the Agreement').
    2) The Defendant failed to maintain the require payments and the service was terminated.
    3) The Agreement was later assigned to the Claimant on 24/04/2015 and notice given to the Defendant.
    4) Despite repeated requests for payment, the sum of £385.48 remains due and outstanding.
    And the Claimant claims
    a) The said sum of £385.48
    b) Interest pursuant of s69 County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue, accruing at a daily rate of £0.084, but limited to one year, being £30.84
    c) Costs
    Last edited by lerithian; 9th October 2017, 09:52:AM. Reason: Removal of personal information.

Comment

Hello,

What is the background to this claim?
      What date did you acknowledge the claim?
      Have you requested any information from Lowell at all?
      Is the amount stated correct or thereabouts?

What are you looking to do, defend it or pay up and come to an arrangement? If defending, what grounds are you looking to defend it?
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Background: Unsure, I know my ex convinced me to get a bunch of things back in 2009-2011. I assume its from back then, hard to know as I have issues with my memory. (Currently getting medical help.)
        Date of Acknowledgement: 08/10/2017
        Information Requested: None, not sure about the process for it.
        Amount: No idea if its correct as I have no record of this debt.

I'm mainly looking to verify if I did sign this agreement however long ago, and defend it if it cannot be proven. The main concern is that I've been unemployed for mental health reasons for years, and prior to that I was in higher education. As far as I'm aware, I've had no actual employment outside of minor bar work in my late teens, so I'm unsure how I would have ever passed a credit check for the phone contract in the first place.
        Last edited by lerithian; 9th October 2017, 10:56:AM. Reason: Additional information.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X