• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Lowell Portfolio / Vanquis - 21-9-2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - Lowell Portfolio / Vanquis - 21-9-2017

Thank you for your advice Mike

Comment

Funnily enough I've just got home to a letter from Lowell with a copy of the directions Questionnaire that they have completed noting that they want to take this to mediation. It says that I'll receive a copy for myself to complete direct from the court soon. What do I do?

They still haven't provided anything other than a list of charges to a catalog and a copy of the letter of transfer to them. The charges list was just minimum detail like "Jumper £25 - 10/04/2014", typed out on the letter.

Comment

when mediation contact then if nothing received by you state documents requested not received, they will then state not suitable for mediation and pass case back to court, and your DQ have you received??

Comment

Sorry, what's a DQ?

Comment

Directions Questionaire ( same as what you received from Lowell )

You should receive one from the court soon to complete and return - when you do, you send a copy to Lowell as well

The charges list was just minimum detail like "Jumper £25 - 10/04/2014", typed out on the letter.
            lol, not sure that will cut the mustard,
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Aha, I should've figured that one out myself.

I've not yet received my copy to fill in but when I do, shall I mark it as No, I don't want to go to remediation and write on it about not yet having received the correct documentation as requested?

Then I'll send a copy back to the Court and a copy to Lowells solicitor (Lowells themselves too?)

Comment

UPDATE:

So I sent off my informaton and said no to remediation as they haven't provided the documentation that I asked for. Yesterday I received the below letter from the courts, which is confusing me:

"Notice of Transfer of Proceedings

The claim has been transferred to the below County Court Hreaing Centre for allocation. On receipt, the file will be referred to a procedural judge who will allocate the claimto track and give case management directions. Details of the judges directions will be sent to you in a notice of allocation. "

Then it states details of the court address etc.

This sounds terrifying! Why is this now going to court if Lowells haven't been able to provide any of the information I requested?

Comment

At the moment they are hedging their bets- it is possible they will still get the documents or they might try to bully you into a settlemet.

Did you ever send the SAR as advised

Comment

Yes I sent everything that I was advised to.

Comment

I don't understand how the courts can have received my copies of letters and information provided and still decided to progress this through the courts? It doesn't make sense surely.

I also can't even get to this court, nor can I take any time out of work for it.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeS77 View Post
                        I don't understand how the courts can have received my copies of letters and information provided and still decided to progress this through the courts? It doesn't make sense surely.

I also can't even get to this court, nor can I take any time out of work for it.
                        I believe you should be allowed to ask for this to be processed and allocated to your local court.

Ive just filed my defence. Same thing. LOWELL and Vanquis.

Not recieved any paperwork and then a Court Claim. So acknowledged and filed defence today after no documents requested sent to me. Just a letter saying they have asked Vanquis for them.

Ive defended asking for more time or struck out.

I believe my next steps will follow what youve been through.
                        Pretty sure your able to ask for this to be transferred to your local court however.

It gets me how an origional so called 250 debt for me is now 600. Out of principle i refuse to pay it never mind when i dont believe i owe it anyway

Good luck i hope all works out for you

Comment

The case is currently at the bulk processing centre in Northampton. What will happen now Lowell have informed the court they wish to proceed is a Directions Questionnaire will be sent out to both parties (N149 comes from court with a N180 for you to complete and return) which you will complete saying you wish the case to be moved to your local county court, and the case is then sent there for further directions and any hearing that is required. The claimant also has to pay a hearing fee by a certain date.

Remember no one at court has actually read any of the paperwork as yet so it really means nothing as to the validity of the claim or what the court thinks

Crossed posts with Brijay sorry xx Hopefully confirms what you have said anyway
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                            The case is currently at the bulk processing centre in Northampton. What will happen now Lowell have informed the court they wish to proceed is a Directions Questionnaire will be sent out to both parties, which you will complete saying you wish the case to be moved to your local county court, and the case is then sent there for further directions and any hearing that is required.
                            Thank you but I've already done this, I mentioned earlier in the post. This letter from the court has come after I've sent this back saying that no, it isn't suitable for remediation on the Directions Questionnaire. It's like they've completely ignored it and the court are still pursuing me??

Comment

Ahhh yes missed that for some reason, morning brain !

Notice of Transfer of Proceedings

The claim has been transferred to the below County Court Hreaing Centre for allocation. On receipt, the file will be referred to a procedural judge who will allocate the claimto track and give case management directions. Details of the judges directions will be sent to you in a notice of allocation. "
                              Is this not your local court hearing centre then ? If not you may be able to ask for it to be moved.

No one has read the documents yet at all so don't worry, it's just standard procedure. The judge at the local court will have a look and issue directions - most usually a hearing date and instruction to submit witness statements and documents. You have to play it by ear and see if any documents do get provided by the claimant between now and the hearing date They also have the hearing fee to pay.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Oh thank you, I hadn't realised this was standard. I thought once I've sent back my Directions Questionnaire and stated that no, this is not suitable for remediation, that they'd read the documentation (or lack of) that was provided and throw it out.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X