Thread: Shambolic first hearing with Link Parking LTD.

• Display

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy Shambolic first hearing with Link Parking LTD.

This is my first post and my first ever court hearing which went not so well, so I would be grateful if I got some advice, thanks!

I have been to a small courts hearing this Friday however I forgot to hand in the witness statement prior to the hearing but I did have evidence with me.

The judge did look at the evidence and said she will have to investigate the case further and in the meantime awarded the claimant (Galdstones Solicitors on behalf Link Parking) on “wasted costs” of £130 for not filing the witness statement and I need to pay it to the claimant within 2 weeks otherwise I will not have a hearing 😭. I must now file a witness statement within 2 weeks and pay those bastards £130. The evidence is pretty much irrefutable and a 99% winning case however would I be able to claim any costs afterwards?

The wasted costs is pretty much half the amount of the claimant is seeking which is £259.00. What if the claimant now drops the case after I pay them as they are £130 better off. Would I be able to claim anything for them discontinuing.

They have 1% chance of winning the case so I see 2 outcomes:

- I win at the next hearing OR Link Parking discontinues case.

Anything I can do to make those c***s feel some pain lol? Honestly speaking my weekend felt so shit after this and I really want to get revenge on this arseholes!

Thanks in advance.

VIP Member

Mentions
    9 Post(s)

Default Re: Shambolic first hearing with Link Parking LTD.

Quote Originally Posted by Unwind View Post
    This is my first post and my first ever court hearing which went not so well, so I would be grateful if I got some advice, thanks!

I have been to a small courts hearing this Friday however I forgot to hand in the witness statement prior to the hearing but I did have evidence with me.

The judge did look at the evidence and said she will have to investigate the case further and in the meantime awarded the claimant (Galdstones Solicitors on behalf Link Parking) on “wasted costs” of £130 for not filing the witness statement and I need to pay it to the claimant within 2 weeks otherwise I will not have a hearing ��. I must now file a witness statement within 2 weeks and pay those bastards £130. The evidence is pretty much irrefutable and a 99% winning case however would I be able to claim any costs afterwards?

The wasted costs is pretty much half the amount of the claimant is seeking which is £259.00. What if the claimant now drops the case after I pay them as they are £130 better off. Would I be able to claim anything for them discontinuing.

They have 1% chance of winning the case so I see 2 outcomes:

- I win at the next hearing OR Link Parking discontinues case.

Anything I can do to make those c***s feel some pain lol? Honestly speaking my weekend felt so shit after this and I really want to get revenge on this arseholes!

Thanks in advance.

I don't think you're going to be able to claim those costs back, they were awarded because you didn't follow the rules of the court meaning that the Claimant has to come to court a second time.

They clearly feel confident about their case to have gone as far as a hearing, but upon presenting your witness statement that may change and them walk away. If you win in the claim you might be able to claim your costs, such as loss of earnings if you have taken unpaid leave to attend court and I think even that is limited.

@Diana M is better qualified to answer me thinks, so hopefully she'll be along to confirm or correct my thoughts soon.
    My posts on this forum are offered based on my experience dealing with a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training and if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact the CAB. If you follow anything I write on this forum you do so at your own risk and I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other out comes.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Shambolic first hearing with Link Parking LTD.

Quote Originally Posted by jaguarsuk View Post
    I don't think you're going to be able to claim those costs back, they were awarded because you didn't follow the rules of the court meaning that the Claimant has to come to court a second time.

They clearly feel confident about their case to have gone as far as a hearing, but upon presenting your witness statement that may change and them walk away. If you win in the claim you might be able to claim your costs, such as loss of earnings if you have taken unpaid leave to attend court and I think even that is limited.

@Diana M is better qualified to answer me thinks, so hopefully she'll be along to confirm or correct my thoughts soon.
    Yes you are correct. Wasted costs can not be claimed back but loss of earnings can be paid if I do win at the next hearing. But they might discontinue the claim once they receive my witness statement. I will keep you updated on what is going on. Got another 7 days to file the witness statement...