• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

penalty ticket at LIDL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: penalty ticket at LIDL

If it were me I'd do both (ie contact Lidl and an appeal letter to the parking co).
    As this is IPC you only have 21 days to appeal to Athena.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Your Address
      Date:

Reference: PCN #

Dear Sir/Madam,
      Many thanks for your recent correspondence, in which you claim the driver of my vehicle is liable for a parking charge.
      [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION], thank you. I am going to write the letters tonight. For the appeal, should I use this route below, ( you sent to me earlier) or the more recent one, that talks about the timing of entry time and exit, Which has more strong points your opinion? thanks

Since your Notice to keeper fails to comply with the Protection of Freedom Act 2012 Schedule 4, as such there is no keeper’s liability.
      As there is no legal obligation to name the driver, I refuse to do so, you may not assume that I, the keeper, was the driver on this day.
      No further information will be provided at this time; cancellation is your only viable and reasonable option. Information to appeal via an independent body will be accepted and fully utilised.

Sincerely,
      The Registered Keeper

Comment

From what I've seen it is unlikely that any appeal to the parking co would be successful.
        If it were me I'd just send the letter per post #32.

I would add

'Should you decide to take the reasonable approach & cancel your PCN, please ensure that my personal details are removed from your database.
        If, however, you choose not to cancel it, please provide me with full details of your independent appeal arrangements.'

Make sure that you obtain proof of sending & keep a copy.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

thank you [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION], should they not cancel it, and it goes to the independent body, do you have a winning formula? loll

Comment

As I previously indicated, I personally don't rate IAS appeal success too highly either.

But for the time being there is no choice if you go down the appeal process.

The plus points are that it is free to you but costs the parking co.

& in the (albeit slim) possibility that you are successful, the parking co has to abide by that decision, whereas you do not have to if you are not successful.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

thank you [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] I will keep you posted

Comment

[MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION], I have sent the letter to the parking agency, however will I be contradicting myself if I send another letter to the CEO of LIDL and stating contradictory statements there and prove shopping with a receipt? Thought I check with you

Comment

You'll be fine.

Just say to Lidl's that you did some shopping, here's the receipt/proof of payment.
                  That does not ID or implicate the driver.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

you are a star, thank you [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION]

Comment

Hi, [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] hope you are well

An update on the ticket. initially, I received a letter saying it was not sent on an email that had my name, so I had to resend it. The fact is I was actually not the driver on the said day. Anyway, the have replied with this letter, do you have an idea what I should do?

thanks
                      Attached Files

Comment

Give the drivers name and address or carry on fighting this they may take this to court so get a defence prepared with the help of LB

Comment

ok, thank you

Comment

[MENTION=39331]ostell[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] what do you think please?

Comment

Hi momy3

I've been away on business for a few days, so only just seen this.

If you want to appeal via IAS, you'll need to do so in the next few days. (21 days from date of the letter.)
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Or just ignore the IAS.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X