• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISCONTINUED** County Court Business Centre Letter Received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: County Court Business Centre Letter Received

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
    Hi Oliver

Yes, that's right.

Looks like they're learning how to play hardball!
    Morning [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION]

Called them and they advised me that the case hasn't been "sent to track yet"? or something along those lines. I'm assuming that they need to allocate it first, then the hearing fee is requested from CEL?

I looked at a few of the witness statement examples, so will carry on building that and share it once im at a point, but it doesn't sound like this will move anywhere too quickly!

Oliver

Comment

Morning [MENTION=61850]OliverJames[/MENTION]

I read in the Gazette that courts are under immense strain trying to cope with the increase in the number of court cases.

My guess is that a good deal of them (ie, the increase) are parking cases.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Morning @OliverJames

I read in the Gazette that courts are under immense strain trying to cope with the increase in the number of court cases.

My guess is that a good deal of them (ie, the increase) are parking cases.
        Hopefully this is the case, and the courts will get pissed off with private parking firms ignoring their processes and they start striking out cases left and right (but i wont hold my breath)...

I will just sit tight and see when the paperwork comes through and see where we go from there!....I included a complaint with my DQ PDF so im confident this will make its way to the presiding judge when it eventually gets allocated....pretty poor process all in all though

Comment

Hi I've posted my DQ off to CEL and the court.... do i ask for their defence ...and do I have to do my defence statement again .....if do do I have to send it to them.... thanks again in advance Pipsy

Comment

Morning [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] and HNY!

I still haven't heard from my local court re: hearing fee being paid so i emailed them again this morning! Do you know, from your experience if there is a "timeout" on the claim if the fee isn't paid within a certain period?

Last comms i had was 4th Dec when the case was transferred.

Not stressing too much, but getting a bit fed up with having this hanging over me!

Comment

Originally posted by OliverJames View Post
              Morning @charitynjw and HNY!

I still haven't heard from my local court re: hearing fee being paid so i emailed them again this morning! Do you know, from your experience if there is a "timeout" on the claim if the fee isn't paid within a certain period?

Last comms i had was 4th Dec when the case was transferred.

Not stressing too much, but getting a bit fed up with having this hanging over me!
              Morning! & HNY to you .

From what I've seen, instructions re paying a hearing fee is usually in the Allocation notice from the court.
              Similar to https://www.google.co.uk/searchq=county+court+notice+of+allocation&rlz=1C1C HNQ_enGB569GB679&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ah UKEwj3uonalcjYAhXqIMAKHavpA_8Q_AUICygC&biw=911&bih =425#imgrc=UVbH1ZndtW27MM:
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

[MENTION=61850]OliverJames[/MENTION]

Anything yet?
                CEL claims are being discontinued in droves just now.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Still nothing but will keep checking [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION]

Will remain positive haha!

Comment

@OliverJames

Anything yet?
                    CEL claims are being discontinued in droves just now.
                    I keep trying to call the court, but they are not answering...so they are clearly very busy. I also emailed them earlier this week with no response, so they are clearly under the pump...

Frustrating!

Comment

I keep trying to call the court, but they are not answering...so they are clearly very busy. I also emailed them earlier this week with no response, so they are clearly under the pump...

Frustrating!
                      Yes, they're snowed under.
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Yes, they're snowed under.
                        Eventually got through to someone. CEL have not paid a hearing fee, and they said that the judge has still not seen the case and I should hear something this week.

Got to say I'm not feeling overly confident that I will hear anything at all and will STILL be waiting for news this time next week....

Comment

Eventually got through to someone. CEL have not paid a hearing fee, and they said that the judge has still not seen the case and I should hear something this week.

Got to say I'm not feeling overly confident that I will hear anything at all and will STILL be waiting for news this time next week....
                          They seem to be digging themselves a deep hole.
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Still nothing but will keep checking [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION]

Will remain positive haha!

Fingers crossed for you...... did you do your defence and should i do mine ....should i phone the court to see if they've paid the hearing for my case ....pipsy
                            Last edited by Amethyst; 18th January 2018, 11:44:AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Pipsy;772106]
                              Still nothing but will keep checking @charitynjw

Will remain positive haha![/QUOTE

Fingers crossed for you...... did you do your defence and should i do mine ....should i phone the court to see if they've paid the hearing for my case ....pipsy
                              Hi Pipsy

I'm guessing you mean the Witness Statement.....I believe you've already filed your defence to the claim?

Keep your finger on the pulse, yes.

Try & contact the court for a status update. (In all likelihood you will have to be persistent).

No harm in starting to draft the WS, but no need to submit it to court or send a copy to the other party until the court directions come through.
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi charitynjw...ooops yes I did mean the witness statement....... yes I'll phone the court see whats happening and let you know ... ..many thanks again pipsy

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X