Thread: Lowell Solicitors / Three Mobile Court Claim

• Display

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Default Lowell Solicitors / Three Mobile Court Claim

Hi,

I am knew here so I hope someone can assist.

About a week ago I got a court claim (from Northampton) from Lowell Solicitors for a debt with Three mobile. Long story short, but went through a nasty divorce, family mobile contract in my name, due to "hostilities" I stopped the contract, in the furore I forgot about it, but thought ex had taken the contracts over. Now Lowell have sent the matter to court and was wondering what I should do next? I have sent in the acknowledgement of service and stated intend to defend in full, however would be grateful for some words of advice regarding what I should do next please.

I have no income so this is a bit of a nightmare to me!

Hope someone can advise.

Thanks

VIP Member

Mentions
    9 Post(s)

Default Re: Lowell Solicitors / Three Mobile Court Claim

Hi and Welcome

Follow this guide to work your way through with the process to form your defence, unless the mobile contract was split between an airtime agreement and separate finance agreement for the handset there won't have been a CCA. Crack on with a CPR 31.14 request to the solicitors.

Something else you can do is a Subject Access to information request to Three under the Data Protection Act 1998 and you can ask for everything they hold on you including letters, statements and notices. They have 40 days to comply, so it's unlikely you'll get it back before the deadline to send in your defence. However, it may turn up something useful for the next phase of proceedings.

All you do is write them a letter and send a cheque/postal order with “DPA 1998 Stat Fee Payment ONLY” written somewhere on it. If you can do it today that's probably best and here is a guide which includes a template letter.
    My posts on this forum are offered based on my experience dealing with a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training and if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact the CAB. If you follow anything I write on this forum you do so at your own risk and I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other out comes.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Lowell Solicitors / Three Mobile Court Claim

Hi Jaguarsuk,

Thank you for your advice, it is really appreciated. It is great to know there are people out there to help!

I have sent off the CPR request and await a reply.

Should I be preparing a defence and if so what should it say?

Many Thanks