• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Blemain Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blemain Finance

Comment

Hi all
      BF apparently do have a complaints procedure!

I have re-sent my complaint and enclosed all documents relating to it and told them I noe expect them to reply within 5 working days and that as it has been 5 months since I first complained I expect compensation by way of a gesture of goodwill!

don't expect to get it though.
      They have failed to comply with my sar request so I have put in a complaint to the ICO today.

Comment

Just to update you. Finally after 6 months I have recieved an apology............yes you read right........and a cheque for £250 the amount they took.

I still haven't had a proper reply to my sar and have made a complaint with the ICO and will file in court as soon as I can afford it.

I fully intend to get these buggers to do as they should. I have recieved copies of my redemption statements on previous loans via other sources and am looking into whether anything can be done with them.

Comment

WoW congrats grimbell, way to go!!:okay:

Comment

hi

It's all on my other one but no one read it to say well done.
            thanks

Comment

Wey hey well done Grimbell.......party at Grimbells tonight
              The £250 Was it all charges, don't suppose they kindly added some compensationmsl:

Comment

hi Pam

No this was £250 they took off my card in Aug 2006 without my authorisation and no they didn't add anything too it.

I think they paid up to stop me taking it to court and getting extra!

Comment

All that lovely interest... but sometimes if you have a Few claims going on its best to give your self some breathing space and accept the smaller amounts. At least you go down in their books as a "don't take the pxss with this one" lol. The more kicks they get the better thats the main thing.

Comment

Hi xanadoo

Don't know if you are still around. I have today recieved part of my SAR and they say they will send the rest.

I have the same as you lots of figures no charges and large redemption figures.

I will spend the next few days trying to decifer what I have and will update if I can make sense of them.

Comment

Hi all

I would really appreciate some help.
                      I am still waiting for the rest of my information and have sent a nudge letter.
                      Last week I had a letter from the ICO to say that were going to write to BF about their non compliance.

Today I have recieved a letter from Monarch Recoveries (BF's in house collectors) stating that the account is in serious arrears.

I owe 1 month but the amount they have stated is mre than the normal payment and I have not been given notice that the monthly payment was to go up.

They also claim there is over £800 in outstanding charges owing and that if the total (over1k) is not paid they will start legal proceedings!

They have never mentioned charges before and none have ever been shown on any of the statements that I have recieved.

Can they proceed with this.

All help gratefully recieved.

Comment

Whats happenend re: Blmain than, whats the latest?

Comment

Hi

Well I have had a reply from the ICO who states that BF claim they have sent all the info they have (like hell!) and so that is it as far as they are concerned!

There doesn't seem to be much help against these people so I haven't done much more but do ignore their letters claiming the charges and they haven't done anything about it. I have been making my payments ok though so they can't do a lot anyway.

I know the previous loans have mistakes in the figures but don't know how to fight them really.

Comment

We have had a nightmare with Blemain after 3 attempts to have us evicted creating £1000s of income for their "in house" legal team, what started off as a £40k loan 5 years ago has escalated to 65k now redemption figure with £21k having been paid in interest.

Fees which were paid (questionably) to a financial intermediary have been challenged by a legal company who are seemingly taking out a class action against Blemain and others. I will keep you posted as to the progress on that.

Meanwhile a complaint has been issued to ICO for their non compliance on a DPA request.

Oh yes and a claim for PPI has been submitted.

Apart from that no complaints!!!!
                            The charges coming in to the banking industry every day will more than pay the banks total legal bill for the whole test case so why wouldn’t the Banks want to "ensure Justice at the highest level"

Comment

Hi

When you say fees to an intermediary do you mean the broker fees?

When I complained to the ICO about an incomplete dpa they wrote to BF and BF replied that they had given all the info they had and that was it. ICO refused to look further and closed the case!

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by grimbell View Post
                                Hi

When you say fees to an intermediary do you mean the broker fees?

When I complained to the ICO about an incomplete dpa they wrote to BF and BF replied that they had given all the info they had and that was it. ICO refused to look further and closed the case!

Good luck
                                Could you provide proof that they had sent an incomplete DPA? If you are in possession of material that Blemain failed to include then I am sure you would be able to convince them the DPA was incomplete.

As an simple example,
                                You are in possession of a batch of statements, correspondence etc showing quite clearly that they have omitted some detail in comparison to the copies you have.

I am aware that Blemain can be culprits of this from threads I used to read on CAG.
                                Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X