• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Community protection notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Community protection notice

Community Protection Notice

Privately owned property.
    I have received one of these for an untidy garden and worn out window frames and soffit needs painting etc. need help on appealing on the grounds that
    Both the warning and the notice have been sent in the wrong name
    the timescale is ridiculous given the list of demands . And my budget.
    Surrounding properties including council owned land have equally unkempt grass etc.
    Any help on the procedure and likely success of an appeal for more time to complete the works would be greatly appreciated
    Tags: None

Re: Community protection notice

Any help?

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...ion/46/enacted

Includes relevant preceding sections

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...pter/1/enacted

Comment

I'll have a look thank you

Comment

See appeal ground 4 under sub-section 1 of section 46:

"4. That the notice was issued to the wrong person"

Edit:
        and appeal ground 3

Edit again:
        There will probably be court fees to appeal

Comment

Cheers for that. The way it's worded you only have 21 days to appeal but surely that's hardly fair if it's not sent to the right person. Guess I'm just going to have to try it and see. I will post how I get on.

Comment

These are the relevant explanatory notes in case you didn't come across them.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...s/division/5/4

Comment

I hadn't seen these thanks for that. Some of the things listed are draconian and ridiculous. Such as "removal of children's play equipment"
              so my Grandkids can't have a slide and a swing in the garden ?

Comment

Don't know (haven't found out) whether court fees are payable to appeal but if so there may be concessions based on income/savings.

(Get help with court fees)

The relevant form is EX160

Comment

Thanks again . Ive a free consultation with a solicitor so I'll post how I get on

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X