• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Capquest / Capital One - 29-9-2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim - Capquest / Capital One - 29-9-2017

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 29-9-2017
    Amount approx: 1200
    Claimant: Capquest
    Solicitor: Restons
    Original Credit: Capital One

Particulars of Claim:
    The claimant claims payment of the overdue balance from the defendants under a contract with the defendants and capital one dated on or about oct 05 2007 and assigned to the claimant on Nov 30 2012

Particulars account no xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

Date 15/08/2017
    Item default balance
    Value 1290

Stat Barred? Yes

Have sent:

Other Info:
    I am not 100% certain that it is statute barred.
    Tags: None

Re: Court Claim - Capquest / Capital One - 29-9-2017

How can I find out if this is actually statute barred?

Comment

I have sent the CCA request to Capquest on 5 October but they have not replied. Can anyone help with what I need to do next please?

Comment

Hi

Did you get proof of posting?
        Have you sent a CPR 31.14 request to the solicitors & a SAR to Cap1? (See templates, top of thread....get proof of posting).
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

i only sent the cca request to Capquest ( with proof of posting)

Comment

It would be wise to send the others.

The CCA request....via tracked post? If so have you checked delivery?

Re SB, when was the last time that you (or someone with your authority, inc possible debt management companies) paid into the account or acknowledged it in writing?
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Did you acknowledge the claim and say you were going to defend it?

Comment

Hi. Yes I acknowledged the claim. The CCA request letter was signed for on 6 October. I honestly have no idea when there was aaent last made to the account. It is likely to be SB but I can't be certain. I have changed banks since then and don't have the old statements unfortunately. Am I able to submit a defence based on the fact that they didn't provide the CCA? I am running out of time now to send the other letters as I only have a week before the 28 days is up.

Comment

Hi

Have you sent a Subject Access Request to Capital One?
                  If not it may well be worth sending one although it does cost you £10 . It should show you things such as when the last payment was made, the date a default notice was sent, the date it was sold.

If that date of 29th Sept is right for the issue date you have until 1st November to get your defence in.

Did you send a CPR 31.14 request?

If not I would do one now asking for the agreement, notice and deed of assignment- that goes to the solicitors with no fee

You do need to make sure that everything is done just so- Restons have no right to be based in what I think of as the North West - they should be in the East Mids where people really are miserable and unfriendly :-) I would go as far as to say Restons are duplicitous

Comment

I will send off the CPR request letter first thing tomorrow.

Comment

So, I have still not received a reply from Capquest. Would should I do now? Can I defend the claim on these grounds?

Comment

You can use one of the templates in the green box amending as necessary.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X