• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Capquest Investments Limited / Capital One - 11-9-2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim - Capquest Investments Limited / Capital One - 11-9-2017

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 11-9-2017
    Amount approx: 350
    Claimant: Capquest Investments Limited
    Solicitor: Restons
    Original Credit: Capital One

Particulars of Claim:
    The claimant claims payment of the overdue balance due from the Defendant(s) under a contract between the Defendant(s) and Capital One
    dated on or about Mar 18 2003 and assigned to the claimant on Nov 30 2012

PARTICULARS a/c no - XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

DATE ITEM VALUE
    15/08/2017 Default Balance 350
    Post Refrl Cr NIL

TOTAL 350

Stat Barred? Yes

Have sent: Acknowledged the Claim

Other Info:
    The majority of the debt will be madequate up of missed/late payment fees.
    Last edited by OggMonster; 28th September 2017, 14:49:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Court Claim - Capquest Investments Limited / Capital One - 11-9-2017

Capquest address on claim is stated as
    Belvedere,
    12 Booth Street
    Manchester M2 4AW

But Google gives a Farnborough address.

Which is the correct address to send CCA?

Comment

Use the address on the claim form.
      That is the address of Arrow Global who own Capquest

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
        Use the address on the claim form.
        That is the address of Arrow Global who own Capquest
        Appreciate the response, but I've already posted to the Farnborough address, after finding a similar post about this - they were advised to use the Farnborough address, despite the claim form stating a different one.
        Should I print another copy and post to the Manchester address? I've plenty of one pound postal orders, so it'd be great to see how they feel being spammed.

Comment

Resent CCA to Capquest's Manchester address and SAR to Capital One (with £10 Postal Order).

That's it for the weekend - have a good one, all.

Comment

Originally posted by OggMonster View Post
            Appreciate the response, but I've already posted to the Farnborough address, after finding a similar post about this - they were advised to use the Farnborough address, despite the claim form stating a different one.
            Should I print another copy and post to the Manchester address? I've plenty of one pound postal orders, so it'd be great to see how they feel being spammed.
            I think you have done the right thing sending to Manchester

I am happy enough to be disagreed with, do you have a link to the other thread for my info

Comment

I need to start building my defense - if I don't hear back from Capquest in time, do I write as if they have not complied to my request?

Comment

you do not do their job for them but use it in your witness statement

Comment

Letter received from Restons -

Comment

No response from CapQuest (acknowledgment nor requested files) and my 33 days are up tomorrow (I assume that gives me today to post off my defense, in order for it to be there on Monday.)

Or do I request an extension from Restons/Capquest? (I'm not sure how to do this and guarantee a response within time) or do I just submit my defense, omitting Section 14 of the Example Defence (regarding an extension request)?

Comment

why give them more time - ??? their problem, time limits they have to follow

Comment

You can file your defence online or even by email over the weekend if you want.

As your 33 days are up on a weekend you actually have until 4pm on Monday to file your defence

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
                          You can file your defence online or even by email over the weekend if you want.

As your 33 days are up on a weekend you actually have until 4pm on Monday to file your defence
                          I have been unable to do *anything* online as I seem to have been locked out - I called the "Helpdesk" and they should be renamed to just "Desk".

I shall submit my defense via email (once I've posted it here and it's been okay'd), and back it up with a hard copy sent Special Delivery.

One quick thing - in Section 4 of my Defense statement, am I stating Denied or Admitted?
                          I do not deny that I had a credit card with Crapital One - but I thought I'd closed the account many years ago. It appears there was a small outstanding balance (sub £50), yet their late payment charges and interest have inflated the so called debt to £350+.

I admit to having an agreement, but I deny the amount they're claiming.

I have currently put:

"4. It is admitted that the Defendant has previously entered into an agreement with Original Creditor for provision of credit."
                          Last edited by OggMonster; 13th October 2017, 11:35:AM. Reason: Additional Question

Comment

You say in your first post that the debt is Statute Barred so how certain are you of that?

It’s always a good idea to include as many legal arguments as possible in a Defence in case one falls down as the proceedings trundle through the system (such as acceptable reconstituted documents).

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                              You say in your first post that the debt is Statute Barred so how certain are you of that?

It’s always a good idea to include as many legal arguments as possible in a Defence in case one falls down as the proceedings trundle through the system (such as acceptable reconstituted documents).

Di
                              Hi Di - Thank you for the prompt response.
                              I'm 95% sure it's statute barred. I've been married 6 years (on the 1st October 2017) and I know I hadn't made any payment nor acknowledgment since before the big day. But until I receive the SAR documents from Capital One, I cannot be certain.
                              I do know that the bulk of the alleged debt is due to unlawful penalty charges.

You mention including as many legal arguments as possible - whilst I have an LLB, my career was in Maritime Law/Underwriting, so I'm relying heavily on the example defense.
                              Do you have any other examples that I can use to bulk up my defense?

Here's where I'm at:
                              Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X