• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - lowell portfolio / ee limited - 22-9-2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - lowell portfolio / ee limited - 22-9-2017

Ok thanks a lot for help today.

Is there any links to anything similar defence wise so I can see how you have to write it out etc... x

Comment

Letter of ee / tmobile today I didn't put my old address on sar request so got to resend!!! So another up to 40 days!!!

Anyone got any links to online defence examples ??
      Also do you go in to detail on your defence? Ie dates are wrong, last payment date is wrong etc.... or just say your defending on that it's stat barred ..

Thanks xxxxxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by Toby1979 View Post
        Letter of ee / tmobile today I didn't put my old address on sar request so got to resend!!! So another up to 40 days!!!

Anyone got any links to online defence examples ??
        Also do you go in to detail on your defence? Ie dates are wrong, last payment date is wrong etc.... or just say your defending on that it's stat barred ..

Thanks xxxxxxxxx
        Example Defence look at top of thread here has these info

Comment

There really is no panic in sending a defence just yet.
          It is best to wait until nearer the deadline. (If you send to the court by post, allow 2 days for delivery, but email or online is pretty instantaneous).
          You can post up your defence draft here for comment if you want.
          It doesn't need to be 'party of the first part'-type legalese.
          Plain & simple is fine.

Basically, you deny everything that is in the particulars of claim unless it is expressly admitted in the defence.
          Then try to pick out the bits you disagree with & give a brief reason.
          Then add anything else which supports your defence (Stat barred, Claimant's failure to disclose asked-for docs, the mistakes they've made, etc etc)
          Add (taken from forum defence example template which @MIKE770 posted.....refer to that)
          On the [Date] I sent a request for inspection of documents mentioned in the claimant’s statement of case under Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 to [Claimant’s Solicitor]. I requested the Claimant provide copies of the [Agreement, Default Notice and Notice of Assignment]......ie, whatever you asked for.
          [Claimant’s Solicitor] has not sent any of these documents to me.

I have asked the Claimant if we may agree to extend the time period allowed for filing of my defence pending receipt of documents (as allowed under CPR 15.5), but they have declined.
          or
          [The Parties agreed to an extension to the time period allowed for filing of my defence under CPR 15.5 to allow the Claimants additional time to produce the relevant documentation to evidence their claim, however they have failed to do so.]

Under Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) Where the claim includes a money claim, a defendant shall be taken to require that any allegation relating to the amount of money claimed be proved unless he expressly admits the allegation. Therefore, it is expected that the Claimant be required to prove the allegation that the money is owed as claimed.

I request the court orders the Claimants to provide the necessary documentation in order for me to fully plead my case else the Claim should stand struck out.

In the event that the relevant documents are received from the Claimants I will then be in a position to amend my defence, and would ask that the Claimants bear the costs of the amendment.

It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief as claimed or at all.

Statement of Truth
          The Defendant believes that the facts stated in this Defence are true.

Signed ________________________________
          Dated ________________________________
          Treat it as a work in progress!
          Last edited by charitynjw; 14th October 2017, 00:13:AM.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you very much will take a good look after work xxx

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
              There really is no panic in sending a defence just yet.
              It is best to wait until nearer the deadline. (If you send to the court by post, allow 2 days for delivery, but email or online is pretty instantaneous).
              You can post up your defence draft here for comment if you want.
              It doesn't need to be 'party of the first part'-type legalese.
              Plain & simple is fine.

Basically, you deny everything that is in the particulars of claim unless it is expressly admitted in the defence.
              Then try to pick out the bits you disagree with & give a brief reason.
              Then add anything else which supports your defence (Stat barred, Claimant's failure to disclose asked-for docs, the mistakes they've made, etc etc)
              Add (taken from forum defence example template which @MIKE770 posted.....refer to that)

Treat it as a work in progress!

Thank you xxxx

Comment

Evening everyone.

Ime going to get my head down tomorrow and sort my defence out.

I will be doing it online,

1. How much detail should I go in to ? Ie. Say there is no £35 direct debit payment to ee on the date they Say! Should I leave it as that or add that there is a £10 bank card payment to ee for a pay as you go phone ?

2. Should I say things like I have all my bank statements to prove there was no direct debit payments to the contract for the period they Say??

3. To me it looks like they have details of a pay as you go phone I had years after this contract phone and there trying to use them dates! Especially with there claim of the £35 payment been on the actual day I paid a £10 pay as you go top up on my card to ee ?? Should I mention this allegation what I think or totally leave this out !!

Thanks

Just trying to get a idea of how much detail to go in to

Comment

Example Defence

Comment

Thanks, is that ok to use the wording for the mobile phone contract this is for ?

Comment

Hi, i have done up to number 11, but i am stuck on numbers 12 , 13 and 14 not sure what to edit out / leave in ?? s77 s78 etc....

iam editing the eg from mike, also were should i mention there is no £35 payment ?

Comment

The basic layout is ok but you'll need to tweak it a bit to suit your case.
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thanks, i have done yes, just stuck on paragraphs 12 / 13 / 14 do these comply to me ? not sure which ones to leave in or out ?

1. On the 29/09/2017I sent a formal request for a copy of the original agreement to Lowell solicitors ltdpursuant to section [77 or 78] of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 along with the statutory £1 fee.
                          2. The Claimant has failed to comply with [s77 (1) / s 78 (1)] Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of [s77 (4) / s 78 (6)] Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement.

- - - Updated - - -

dont know what 77 78 mean

Comment

Do i just leave the above 2 out for a mobile phone contract

Comment

trying to find what they are on google, so it looks like i just leave the 2 paragrapghs above as they are ? failed to comply s77 and s78

Comment

Was your agreement a regulated agreement via the Consumer Credit Act 1974?
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X