• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim form via claim courts from Arrow Global

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim form via claim courts from Arrow Global

Hi,
    I received a claim form from the County Court business centre in Northampton. Its originally for money owed to MBNA from 2004. Iīm not sure if I can go down the statute barred route as I havenīt kept a good record of whoīs been contacting me, I owe to a few more companies and a bank from around the same time. Iīve replied online today contesting the debt(hoping it might be statute barred or they donīt have their paperwork in order(they canīt get hold of the original contract etc)). Iīm about to send off the filled in CCA form to the claimants. Iīm not entirely sure what to put on the CPR request letter to the Restons the solicitors who are acting on behalf of Arrow.

My query is the date I should put on for filing my defence and what I should put on the Agreement/Contract request.
    Another thing is Iīve been ill for the past week or so and have only replied online to the claim court today, this is 15 days after the date of the letter. IE Iīve replied after the maximum of 14 days. I am under the understanding that there are 5 days grace to possibly go on top? Or is this only for postal replies. What Iīm asking is, as Iīve gone over the 14 days, the case will be dealt with assuming I havenīt replied.
    The last problem is the letters are going to my last address in the UK. I now live temporarily with relations in Spain as Iīm not working. I donīt want letters going to my friend who kindly put me up in the UK anymore, so I put No fixed address on the claim form. I didnīt want to include the address here in Spain either as I donīt want my relations knowing of my situation or them getting the same hassles from the various debt collectors. I forgot to mention, the amount I owe is circa 5000. I owe to other cards and banks a total of 22,000.
    I donīt know if I should be creating a new post. Iīm not familiar with forum etiquette as I donīt often use them, so I apologise in advance if this is wrong.
    Thanks
    Woody
    Last edited by woody64; 27th September 2017, 08:39:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: Claim form via claim courts from Arrow Global

Hi
    can you answer just a couple of questions

Who is the claimant ?
    Who are the solicitors ?
    between MBNA and the now claimant was it owned by anyone else

the reason i ask is that I have an MBNA debt that was sold to a company then sold to Arrow Global and is totally unenforceable because they can not provide a signed agreement - just a signature box

Could you possibly post up the particulars of claim

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. Try not to stress about the 22K , I can call you and double that although a lot is unenforeceable or has had the accounts closed

- - - Updated - - -
    [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] could you move this please to the received a court claim Ta x

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I have just seen it is Arrow Global- is that Arrow global or Arrow Global (Guernsey)

Comment

Re: Claim form via claim courts from Arrow Global

Hi Warick, thanks for the reply.
      Claimant is Arrow Global Guernsey. Solicitors are Rensons Solicitors Ltd WA1 1GG.
      I have lost track of who owned the debts between MBNA and Arrow. Iīm sure there was another company, maybe more. I have all the paperwork back in the UK at my friendsīs house. Sheīs getting a bit stressed with letters regarding my debts going to her house so I donīt want to stress her any more with asking her to look through the paperwork and relay this info to me. If it is essential to this case then maybe I could ask her to post the lot to me.

Particulars of the claim are : The Claimant claims payment of the overdue balance due from the defendant(s) and MBNA. dated on or about July 13 2004 and assigned to the claimant on sep 19 2006.
      Particulars a/c no (my card a/c no)

DATE ITEM VALUE
      04/08/2017 default balance xxxx
      post refri Cr Nil
      Total xxxx

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
      Hi
      can you answer just a couple of questions

Who is the claimant ?
      Who are the solicitors ?
      between MBNA and the now claimant was it owned by anyone else

the reason i ask is that I have an MBNA debt that was sold to a company then sold to Arrow Global and is totally unenforceable because they can not provide a signed agreement - just a signature box

Could you possibly post up the particulars of claim

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. Try not to stress about the 22K , I can call you and double that although a lot is unenforeceable or has had the accounts closed

- - - Updated - - -
      @Kati could you move this please to the received a court claim Ta x

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I have just seen it is Arrow Global- is that Arrow global or Arrow Global (Guernsey)
      Last edited by woody64; 27th September 2017, 08:37:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X