• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Smart Parking PCN - Haven Banks Exeter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart Parking PCN - Haven Banks Exeter

Hi all

Hoping to benefit from the wisdom on these boards. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

A PCN has been sent by Smart Parking addressed to my wife (who is the registered keeper of the car) alleging overstaying at Haven Banks car park in Exeter.

• The PCN was via post, not on the windscreen.
    • The driver's visit to the car park was on 10 Sept 2017, the PCN is dated 15 Sept.
    • The PCN includes photographic evidence of the driver arriving at 10.00am and leaving at 1.12pm and issues a £90 charge for overstaying the 3 hour limit.
    • The signs by the entrance are fairly scanty but there are a couple of big notice boards next to each ticket machine, with longish T&Cs (i've some photos I need to extract from my phone), though the driver didn't notice them at the time.
    • By the time the driver had found a space, parked, quickly changed and fed their screaming baby, and queued to use the ticket machine it must have taken the driver 8 minutes to get a ticket, as 3 hours were paid for with a ticket which expired at 1.08pm. The driver may have been out of the parking space by then
    • £90 for either a 4 min or a 12 min extra time in the car park is massively disproportionate.

Aside from the level of charge, it seems misleading and deceitful to have a car park run on a pay and display basis requiring payment at a machine that issues tickets with a time stamp on them, but then try to charge people based on different time recordings made at the entrance and exit. If they want to charge people on the time they enter and exit the car park they should install barriers and ticket machine at the entrance and issue tickets with that time on them. Is the registered keeper better off putting them to proof that the driver didn't have a valid ticket displayed while actually parked?

Or provide the ticket, set out the facts and rely on that should there be some allowance for finding a space, getting in and out of the car park and getting the ticket? Can a PCN be challenged on technicalities before arguments are made?

Thanks for any thoughts
    Cephalopod
    Last edited by Cephalopod; 26th September 2017, 16:58:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Smart Parking PCN - Haven Banks Exeter

Moved to the Parking forum [MENTION=107432]Cephalopod[/MENTION] xxx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Smart Parking PCN - Haven Banks Exeter

Perfect, thanks - I was wondering how to do that!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X